The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Headers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_Eclipse9916 said:
Lol turbo will give you more horsepower for 3000 dollars on our car period. Well, we could go with some of the recent suggestions and buy like 3000 1 dollar stickers and hit like 300 horsepower with only HALF OF THEM ON! :laugh: However, you will find yourself spending more than 3000 dollars on parts that dont have to SPECIFICALLY deal with the turbo but will deal with the added horsepower.

YESSSSS, go w/ the stickers, you get 5 hp for the triple diamond :dsm: :cool:

no one has any humor in here. LIKE DUDE LIGHTEN UP, MAN! crazy white kids :|

before you reply with another stupid posts that will only cause even more resentment. why dont YOU NT experts tell me how you could get a 420 to at least 300 hp all motor. cant wait to see this...

:dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

see, when you come on the NT forum to learn, usually you learn by observing and asking, not telling NT's how to get power. just cause you have the car doesnt mean you know anything about it. when i first got my car i knew jack shit, but now i know quite a bit. maybe you should just stop posting in here and go to sCHool AnD learn some english. Yo dawg go to skool! crazy black kids. :rolleyes: im stupid? sorry i forgot that the eclipse came in 4 basic models. the Turbo AWD, the Turbo FWD, the NA FWD, and the Ported eclipse. you act like its a whole other model. your ignorance is making me mad so please just stop posting :mad: . and i think it would take a whole shit load of money to get 300hp NA. stroke to 2.4, 12:1 compression, port and polish the hell out of your head and mani, new cams and cam gears, UDP, CAI, Header back exaust, no cat, and im pretty sure you still wont be there. turbo is much much cheaper and easier. dont post unless you know what your talking about or are asking a question, otherwise your misinformation gets spread on :thumb:

GSGoinFast said:
see, when you come on the NT forum to learn, usually you learn by observing and asking, not telling NT's how to get power. just cause you have the car doesnt mean you know anything about it. when i first got my car i knew jack shit, but now i know quite a bit. maybe you should just stop posting in here and go to sCHool AnD learn some english. Yo dawg go to skool! crazy black kids. :rolleyes: im stupid? sorry i forgot that the eclipse came in 4 basic models. the Turbo AWD, the Turbo FWD, the NA FWD, and the Ported eclipse. you act like its a whole other model. your ignorance is making me mad so please just stop posting :mad: . and i think it would take a whole shit load of money to get 300hp NA. stroke to 2.4, 12:1 compression, port and polish the hell out of your head and mani, new cams and cam gears, UDP, CAI, Header back exaust, no cat, and im pretty sure you still wont be there. turbo is much much cheaper and easier. dont post unless you know what your talking about or are asking a question, otherwise your misinformation gets spread on :thumb:

i dont have a nt eclipse, damn, u just keep makin shit up outta no where. and its called dialect imbecil, thats when u write how u talk, jackass, its part of english. im not black either moron, and thank God im not a hick. i told ppl about how to supe up their cars all motor because i know enough about cars to know that those are effective procedures, maybe i didnt know enough about the 420a to predict hp outcome, but hey, i wasnt just talkin about ####. i didnt know that 420a engines were so special to the point that all u can do is turbo them. i still dont understand how rs's and gs's here could be suped up to be so fast without turbo, and i know they aint got turbo, no they're not missin the blowoff valve, they dont have turbos... and the only explanation i keep gettin is, ITS SO EXPENSIVE, JUST GO TURBO, TURBO, TURBO, TURBO (and then u say im ignorant?) they dont seem to waste much money because these are people that cant afford much. maybe up north u ppl r the only racers around for miles, and since here its constant bs, and everyone has the exact same shit done to their cars, maybe thats why here its not unusual to see crazy shit once in a while. damn, from what everyone one of ya'll is tellin me, the 420a sounds like the biggest pos ever. i use to actually respect it... then again, you people talk crap about civics, when you never kno what a civic might have under the hood, considering the fact that they're already light as hell. at least here, theres always a lil fear when u pull up to a civic... maybe im just being paranoid... well anyways, thanks fo nuttin guys, i see for myself how good these engines could be, then i come here and have to constantly endure u ppl sayin theres basically no way in keepin ur car na if u want big hp gains... dont know who to believe...

NyteDSM96 said:
i dont have a nt eclipse, damn, u just keep makin shit up outta no where. and its called dialect imbecil, thats when u write how u talk, jackass, its part of english. im not black either moron, and thank God im not a hick. i told ppl about how to supe up their cars all motor because i know enough about cars to know that those are effective procedures, maybe i didnt know enough about the 420a to predict hp outcome, but hey, i wasnt just talkin about ####. i didnt know that 420a engines were so special to the point that all u can do is turbo them. i still dont understand how rs's and gs's here could be suped up to be so fast without turbo, and i know they aint got turbo, no they're not missin the blowoff valve, they dont have turbos... and the only explanation i keep gettin is, ITS SO EXPENSIVE, JUST GO TURBO, TURBO, TURBO, TURBO (and then u say im ignorant?) they dont seem to waste much money because these are people that cant afford much. maybe up north u ppl r the only racers around for miles, and since here its constant bs, and everyone has the exact same shit done to their cars, maybe thats why here its not unusual to see crazy shit once in a while. damn, from what everyone one of ya'll is tellin me, the 420a sounds like the biggest pos ever. i use to actually respect it... then again, you people talk crap about civics, when you never kno what a civic might have under the hood, considering the fact that they're already light as hell. at least here, theres always a lil fear when u pull up to a civic... maybe im just being paranoid... well anyways, thanks fo nuttin guys, i see for myself how good these engines could be, then i come here and have to constantly endure u ppl sayin theres basically no way in keepin ur car na if u want big hp gains... dont know who to believe...

Ok I hate to jump in here but "and its called dialect imbecil, thats when u write how u talk, jackass, its part of english." ok so when you speak and you say the word "You" how do we know you are saying it "You" or "U" (Dialect is regional variety of language distinguished by features of vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation from other regional varieties and constituting together with them a single language) It has nothing with how you spell a word

NyteDSM96 said:

N2O would be my guess if there not turbo. i always tried to convince myself that big power could be achieved NA, but in reality, it really cant be. to gain huge power, N2O or a turbo is needed. and yes, around here we do make fun of civics. and yes, they CAN be fast, but around here most of the civic owners are little ricers who think they are the shit, when in fact they are shit. the 420a isnt the biggest POS either, the 4G63 would be just as weak, if not weaker if it were NA, due to the lower compression. there only 2.0L 4 cylinder. what do you expect. your examples are all about bigger more powerful engines. but for being so little there pretty powerful. and i understand what a dialact is, well around chicago people refer to soda as "pop", and i guess its not refered as that anywhere else. but what exactly are you then, if you not black, and probably not white since you keep saying crazy white boys? and im not sure what ignorant means in your dialact, but here, and in the dictionary, it means "lack of knowledge". so me saying turbo is the cheapest way to get big power is me lacking knowledge how? you are "lacking knowledge" by saying all the things about the 420a you dont know. if you wanna learn, thats great, but dont try to come off as you know alot. thats all i ask.

well i got no help out of this.. cuz everyones flaming each other LOL.. breathe b 4 u post!!! :p hahah

-trev

haha sorry, i forgot what your question was, so i just read through it again. a good mod to do is the UDP. i got an AFX one. i dunno where he got that the timing belt has to be removed, cause it doesnt. i put mine on myself and i had to do no such thing. some other good mods... i dunno what are you looking to spend? the AF/X UDP is only $140 at howell right now http://www.howellautomotive.com/How...duct_info.php?cPath=142_38_84&products_id=298 check that out its pretty nice. the only thing that makes me mad about is my belts are squeeking now. anyone know how to get rid of that?

I say leave us 420a's alone, let us rejoice in our non turboness and let us be free thinking over and over again if we prefer to go all engine or all turbo! gsgoinfast..what exactly will that part help my car with?? Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'M here to learn ;)

ninjai_ruken said:
Ok I hate to jump in here but "and its called dialect imbecil, thats when u write how u talk, jackass, its part of english." ok so when you speak and you say the word "You" how do we know you are saying it "You" or "U" (Dialect is regional variety of language distinguished by features of vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation from other regional varieties and constituting together with them a single language) It has nothing with how you spell a word

it has everything to do with how u spell a word, in that case, it wouldnt be even considered dialect. it would be considered having a bad accent.

GSGoinFast said:
N2O would be my guess if there not turbo. i always tried to convince myself that big power could be achieved NA, but in reality, it really cant be. to gain huge power, N2O or a turbo is needed. and yes, around here we do make fun of civics. and yes, they CAN be fast, but around here most of the civic owners are little ricers who think they are the shit, when in fact they are shit. the 420a isnt the biggest POS either, the 4G63 would be just as weak, if not weaker if it were NA, due to the lower compression. there only 2.0L 4 cylinder. what do you expect. your examples are all about bigger more powerful engines. but for being so little there pretty powerful. and i understand what a dialact is, well around chicago people refer to soda as "pop", and i guess its not refered as that anywhere else. but what exactly are you then, if you not black, and probably not white since you keep saying crazy white boys? and im not sure what ignorant means in your dialact, but here, and in the dictionary, it means "lack of knowledge". so me saying turbo is the cheapest way to get big power is me lacking knowledge how? you are "lacking knowledge" by saying all the things about the 420a you dont know. if you wanna learn, thats great, but dont try to come off as you know alot. thats all i ask.

we make fun of civics too, but i think its stupid of them to do so because most civics around here dont have a muffler and thats it. they're really fast. a lot of them have turbos and incredible weight reduction. so thats why i dont go around talkin smack. my examples were based on cars in general, not necessairly a 2.0 liter in line four, but maybe a 2.5 v6, or 3.0 in line 6, and my numbers were also in general, not specifically on just 420a's. im hispanic, and my crazy white kids comment, its not to be taken racistly, its actually a joke that we say around here. yes, u are correct, ignorance does mean lack of knowledge, but what i consider the more common use of the word is that of which describes one who wishes to ignore facts just because they believe one thing should be done the way THEY say should be done, and ignore all other options or suggestions (remember? TURBO TURBO). ignore, ignorant? makes sense doesnt it? and i believe i know enough about this engine to defend myself, sorry for being bold :D

oh by the way gsgoinfast, you told me that ur cars dont have exhaust manifolds... which was very difficult to comprehend... but how come theres a thread on this forum sayin that they ported n polished their exhaust manifolds.......... im just askin a question :D

i dont get it, im told to ask, and now imma trouble maker. thats pretty funny.

Sorry, Nyte, but your knowledge on motor setups sounds like experience in 4.5 liter v8s and such. I THINK that we would know a little more about our cars and what gains they make because WE are the ones with the cars and the gains on the dyno. You dont have a NT so you cannot make judgements which are the "best" mods for our cars. Oh, and yes...for our cars to make serious power..i.e. over 250 hp, you basically almost NEED a turbo. yes you can go with high compression rebuild and stroker motors and all taht, but you still aint gonna hit over 250, with paying less than paying for a stroker mtoor you can get a Hahn Racecraft turbo with FMIC that boosts 8-10 psi for 270 horsepower. Then you can do a low compression rebuild and hit whatever damn psi you want with of course fuel accessories and other smaller shit.

i would have to agree with d.theres only so much you can do with a 4banger 2.0 liter engine without forced induction, no matter what car you got.their not pos thats just their limit.no matter what car sentras,civics,probes,jettas,tegs,accords all of em will only go so far.or will a na4g63 hit 300 hp without forced induction?

NyteDSM96 said:
oh by the way gsgoinfast, you told me that ur cars dont have exhaust manifolds... which was very difficult to comprehend... but how come theres a thread on this forum sayin that they ported n polished their exhaust manifolds.......... im just askin a question :D

we dont have exauste manifolds, we have headers. exaust manifolds connect your exauste ports to you turbo, while headers connect your exauste ports to you down pipe.

The aftermarket pulley is much lighter and smaller than the stock one. if you just think of basic geometry, the smaller radius of the new pulley means that for each time the pulley turns, the belts wont move as far. so basically it just reduces a lot of the load your accessories put on your engine, freeing up the horsepower wasted to run those to go to your wheels instead.

hope that helps :thumb:

D_Eclipse9916 said:
Sorry, Nyte, but your knowledge on motor setups sounds like experience in 4.5 liter v8s and such. I THINK that we would know a little more about our cars and what gains they make because WE are the ones with the cars and the gains on the dyno. You dont have a NT so you cannot make judgements which are the "best" mods for our cars. Oh, and yes...for our cars to make serious power..i.e. over 250 hp, you basically almost NEED a turbo. yes you can go with high compression rebuild and stroker motors and all taht, but you still aint gonna hit over 250, with paying less than paying for a stroker mtoor you can get a Hahn Racecraft turbo with FMIC that boosts 8-10 psi for 270 horsepower. Then you can do a low compression rebuild and hit whatever damn psi you want with of course fuel accessories and other smaller shit.

You beat me to it.

I got a NT because I didnt know any better at the time, and now they are well-nigh impossible to find around here (that arent all riced out and driven to death.) So I love my stock-looking, nitrous sucking NT, and will turbo it with the Hahn kit someday soon.

Hell, it looks like a GSX already, with the sport package and all. :p

Randomrage said:
You beat me to it.

I got a NT because I didnt know any better at the time, and now they are well-nigh impossible to find around here (that arent all riced out and driven to death.) So I love my stock-looking, nitrous sucking NT, and will turbo it with the Hahn kit someday soon.

Hell, it looks like a GSX already, with the sport package and all. :p

exact same thing here. got the NT cause i didnt know any better... whats a turbo? haha but ya around here it is impossible to find a GS-T or GSX that has less than 100k miles on it for less than $11k! i was looking at nitrous, but then i decided i would slap together this custom turbo kit first. should be a fun summer project.

By the way your car does look sweet. i have a pic of me posing by my car like that, looking around like i just dont care :laugh: , but i havnt loaded it up yet. anyways, looks good and good luck with that turbo kit :thumb:

Well I was like hmmm I found this GS We Drove around all day only found this one so I am like ill take it payed 6k with 95k miles on it. PAYED CASH! :cool: well any ways I got my car and like 2 weeks later a friend from the Mitsu Dealership calls. He bro I am selling my GSX so I can get a Evo 8 ill sale it to you for 7k I am like Joe I bought a Gs already.........long pause......."Dumb Ass" I told you to wait I might be selling mine!" I said joe you did not sound to sure when you told me about it. "But we just got these Evo's In and man they are Bad ASS!" How many miles on the car and what are you selling it for...."Well right now there are 6K miles on the new motor did a 6 bolt swap. And 10K on the new turbo. 65K miles on the body. I was going to sell it to you for 7k but now that you have a car ill sell it to some chump for 14K. I gotta customer gotta jet later bro." JOE WAIT!! Click...........I tried 7 times to get a hold of him that day. Sold his car 20 minutes after He hung up the phone. Patience is a Virtue trust me, If I had waited like he asked I would be driving one bad ass GSX :| :) :laugh: :cry:

GSGoinFast said:
exact same thing here. got the NT cause i didnt know any better... whats a turbo? haha but ya around here it is impossible to find a GS-T or GSX that has less than 100k miles on it for less than $11k! i was looking at nitrous, but then i decided i would slap together this custom turbo kit first. should be a fun summer project.

By the way your car does look sweet. i have a pic of me posing by my car like that, looking around like i just dont care :laugh: , but i havnt loaded it up yet. anyways, looks good and good luck with that turbo kit :thumb:

Seriously. All the autotrader and ebay GSX's and T's claim to be 11 second cars. I dont want anybody's half assed, driven to death race car. Im STILL trying to find a BONE STOCK GSX with less than 90k miles on it, within 100 miles of here. Talk about a lost cause.

Thanks for the compliments! :thumb:
:dsm:

Randomrage said:
Seriously. All the autotrader and ebay GSX's and T's claim to be 11 second cars. I dont want anybody's half assed, driven to death race car. Im STILL trying to find a BONE STOCK GSX with less than 90k miles on it, within 100 miles of here. Talk about a lost cause.

Thanks for the compliments! :thumb:
:dsm:

yup, i found a bone stock 98 GS-T with only 55k miles on it. they wanted $17k for it!!! :barf: :barf: . no thanks! but now the guy calls me everytime they get something in. he called me the other day cause they got a 97 GSX in. it had 108k miles on it, had cat back, IC piping, K&N, Boost and A/F guage, and im not sure what else. they wanted $11k for it. the way i see it, i could buy a stage 5 turbo from hahn for the same price as trading in my GS and getting the GS-T, and i could get a stage 2 turbo for the same as the GSX, and mine only had 65k miles on it. so i just decided id keep mine. hopefully my turbo deal will go through, so i can start boosting, and start competing with some of these fast cars on the roads :D . plus i will be able to embarrass those damn ricers in there civics even more! :D

AWESOME! Another thread over here at "toonerz" bitching and moaning at each other over turbo vs non-turbo. Wo0t! I skimmed through only the last page of this and felt that I need to be a part of the love fest here.

* 300hp all motor DSM? I'd say next to impossible. At least impossible to street anyways if it were even possible. I've got 10.5:1 CR going on and pretty much every other ineternal and bolt on under the sun short of increasing displacement either installed or en route before the end of this summer and I'll be damn lucky if I can get 200hp at the crank. (EDIT: No0bs don't question this - it's fact. I'm doing for the "never been done before factor" and because I just felt like pulling close to $6k out of my ass.) I don't see how 300hp all motor is possible. I mean, I'll be running Crower 3s and that's not even considered streetable to many people. I think you'd have to be pushing more than 12.5:1 CR and some sort of proprietary drag grind cam with a stroker kit to come close to even 250chp. Maybe with a 2.4L swap, bored/stroked to 2.5L or 2.6L with a nasty CR and even nastier cams could get there, but you're still looking at building a track only dyno queen imo.

We have to be the most divisive group of tuners out there imo. It's funny sometimes, but more annoying most of the time. :p I've found that if I don't get all cocky and defensive when told my car is slow, the local DSM crowd and I get along just fine. And when I'm told I should have bought the turbo in the first place, I just say that I should have bought the ####ing Jeep Wrangler I was walking into the salesman's office to buy and I'd have a lot more money in my pocket today. Then we all laugh. :thumb: :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back