The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Gauging Interest: MMCd for Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphetic

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2005
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Hey all. I've been mulling over the idea.. I've spent a stupid amount of money to get a decent palm that's extremely outdated, find a new battery for it, get a serial adapter, etc. etc.

I was thinking of porting MMCd to Android and then creating a bridge via Bluetooth from the OBD port of the car. Obviously this would be with first gens in mind, but I could likely expand it to include second gens at a later date (and when I have access to a second gen for testing). Let me know what you think, and if you would like to be added to an update list, send me a PM with your email (or post it here). Thanks!

no ebay. anyone have one that i can buy for thirty bucks? i have paypal and a debit card pick one.
want a bluetooth interface. help me out here!

Wait wait wait.. before you buy an OBD2 adapter, realize that I don't have hybrid support yet and the generic OBD2 adapters may not work. I haven't tested anything at this point for hybrid.

Looking good. how do you port programs from one platform to another?

Requires learning a new programming language (most likely), a new API, and then building the program again from the ground up.

So what kind of time frame are we talking for the 1g BT adapter to be ready for distribution? I'm getting REALLY anxious. Lol

what u mean by this? it does or doesnt show air/fuel ratios as a wideband would?

It doesn't. It's not in the logging software that allows you to log a wideband A/F, it's in the actual wideband. You need a wideband sensor to log wideband A/F, stock dsms don't come with a wideband sensor.

I just stopped answering because it wasn't up to me... I'm not making the hardware, as I've said a few times.. it's up to the guy who's making it. He says he's going to put out the first 14 this weekend. However, at this point I wouldn't be holding my breath (as I have been.............)

Trust me, I'm a lot more frustrated than any of you.

for those of us with the old school TMO(ppt) ADL to rs232(serial) cables would it be at all possible to run your app with a basic BT to serial converter?

for those of us with the old school TMO(ppt) ADL to rs232(serial) cables would it be at all possible to run your app with a basic BT to serial converter?

Eh... my better judgement says no. Unless you have a pretty decent serial convertor (I saw one that supported the baud rate, but I can't remember where, and it was fairly expensive.) If I haven't personally tested it, I don't want to tell you yes, essentially. You're welcome to try it, however.

That said, I'm working on an adapter that will allow you to use your USB cable to connect the phone.. obviously that makes it so that it won't be wireless anymore, but it'll be at a cheaper price point and will be purchased through me. Hopefully I'll have some videos after I get my prototype in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back