The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Gauging Interest: MMCd for Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphetic

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2005
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Hey all. I've been mulling over the idea.. I've spent a stupid amount of money to get a decent palm that's extremely outdated, find a new battery for it, get a serial adapter, etc. etc.

I was thinking of porting MMCd to Android and then creating a bridge via Bluetooth from the OBD port of the car. Obviously this would be with first gens in mind, but I could likely expand it to include second gens at a later date (and when I have access to a second gen for testing). Let me know what you think, and if you would like to be added to an update list, send me a PM with your email (or post it here). Thanks!

I'll be adding 2G hybrid and OBDII support after we have everything sorted out with the 1G version. No worries.

If your phone is rooted you can use Access Paid Apps in Android Market Outside US | Redmond Pie

If not, it's fairly easy to do so - just type in "How to root <phone model>" into google and I'm sure you can find some step by step instructions. That's pretty unfortunate, though.. I didn't know that it was like that.

It's rooted. Thank you for the link. I will get it as soon as it works as currently I have 3 ways of datalogging - bunch of palms, palm emulator on laptop and the DS-MAP integrated logger. I really like the idea of wireless logging so as soon as it is out I'll be looking forward to buying it.

I have a question for you. The DS-MAP setup replaces the stock o2 with a wideband. It's logger can log the 5V signal. Will this replacement of the 1V with a 5V voltage be a problem for MMCD or MMCDroid?

It's rooted. Thank you for the link. I will get it as soon as it works as currently I have 3 ways of datalogging - bunch of palms, palm emulator on laptop and the DS-MAP integrated logger. I really like the idea of wireless logging so as soon as it is out I'll be looking forward to buying it.

I have a question for you. The DS-MAP setup replaces the stock o2 with a wideband. It's logger can log the 5V signal. Will this replacement of the 1V with a 5V voltage be a problem for MMCD or MMCDroid?

That's very odd - usually people will splice their wideband's output voltage into the (useless) EGR-T sensor input. You sure yours goes to the stock O2?? How does your ECU handle that??

I will be all over this with my Evo once we figure out a Bluetooth connection for the 1g OBD1 port. Any idea where I could pick up the hardware for my 1g?

Good work man, this may negate a palm needing to be purchased.

Taylor

That's very odd - usually people will splice their wideband's output voltage into the (useless) EGR-T sensor input. You sure yours goes to the stock O2?? How does your ECU handle that??

It's the Jackal's logger. It uses the stock O2 pin to log the WB O2. The software itself doesn't use narrowband O2, because it works always in an open loop.

I will be all over this with my Evo once we figure out a Bluetooth connection for the 1g OBD1 port. Any idea where I could pick up the hardware for my 1g?

Good work man, this may negate a palm needing to be purchased.

Taylor

We've already done that - we just need to get the hardware built. The company that made the PCB's screwed them up, so we got delayed.

We've already done that - we just need to get the hardware built. The company that made the PCB's screwed them up, so we got delayed.

well I'll keep my eyes peeled on this thread for when you have the info on where to purchase the Bluetooth adapter.

Taylor

Is there an estimate on price? I dont see it on the preorder sheet? Sorry if I missed it in the thread as well. :thumb:

About $100 I guess? I'm not sure, the guy still hasn't told me a concrete number yet.

About $100 I guess? I'm not sure, the guy still hasn't told me a concrete number yet.

I just saw that you said that at the bottom of page 3 :ohdamn: Its a shock to me that this is the only(?) attempt, for 1g's anyways, to move away from the palm platform. Thanks for all the hard work! :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back