The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Gauging Interest: MMCd for Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphetic

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2005
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Hey all. I've been mulling over the idea.. I've spent a stupid amount of money to get a decent palm that's extremely outdated, find a new battery for it, get a serial adapter, etc. etc.

I was thinking of porting MMCd to Android and then creating a bridge via Bluetooth from the OBD port of the car. Obviously this would be with first gens in mind, but I could likely expand it to include second gens at a later date (and when I have access to a second gen for testing). Let me know what you think, and if you would like to be added to an update list, send me a PM with your email (or post it here). Thanks!

Ok so you are in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania right? I can just drop off my car with the phone and pick it up in a hour or so?

I think i might need a new phone im still using a sprint moment phone :( is an android phone though.

Ok so you are in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania right? I can just drop off my car with the phone and pick it up in a hour or so?

I think i might need a new phone im still using a sprint moment phone :( is an android phone though.

Hah, we have nothing public access as of yet. However, I did just upload the final public version of MMCdroid to the market and have this video to share that I just took:

YouTube - MMCdroid Connecting to ECU Emulator via Bluetooth

I must've missed this somewhere in the thread, but have you figured out what you're going to be using to connect obd-1 --- driod? I could've sworn I saw it when reading, but can't find it now. Also, I'm in to buy. Sick of my non-color POS palm.

Post #66 shows the hardware. It does the proper conversions and connections to adapt the OBD1 to a bluetooth connection.

How about usb adapter? I just bought a 7" 2.1 tablet. It doesn't have bluetooth. I wanted to install in my dash somehow and tether my phone to it for pandora and what not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can get a bluetooth adapter for most of those chinese tablets.. just have to know where to look and how to set it up.

Hardware dev is waiting on PCB's. Should be within the week. Then he's going to send one to me. I've been plugging away at the software, however.

TOTAL cost (hardware+software) should end up running under $100.

Hardware dev is waiting on PCB's. Should be within the week. Then he's going to send one to me. I've been plugging away at the software, however.

TOTAL cost (hardware+software) should end up running under $100.

O my i cant wait. If you need any beta teaters let me know. I have a 90 and cant wait to get my hands on this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

It has been released as a sort of "preorder" so that the progress can still be followed. Updates are - and will always be - free. It is, however, very functional right now. Thanks to those who have been following and support this :) You can find it in the app market by searching for "MMCdroid"

Total cost is DEFINITELY under $100 :) Hardware out soon!!!

YouTube - MMCdroid Market Release

I changed roms last night. I had the free version. I went ahead and bought it anyway. Get the adapter out and ill jump on it.

I am running 2.3 gingerbread on my evo and it works great on the phone so far.

alright im still a little confused..is this for 2g's also because it says 1g on app..im sure it says it somewhere i probably over read it..i did read pretty much the whole thing..looks sick
1g's and 3000 gt's.

2g's can use the app torque with a bluetooth dongle.

sent from my htc evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back