The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

gas pedal stop [Merged 11-8] block switch plastic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92awddsm said:
Steve is right. It is just a stud sticking out of the floor that the plastic stop bolts to. And by the color of the stud, I assume your car is red, right?

my car is red, nice job. haha i will check to see if its just a bolt, but it just looks like a button :). Thank you for the replies.

guitarhero14 said:
my car is red, nice job. haha i will check to see if its just a bolt, but it just looks like a button :). Thank you for the replies.

And just so you know, there is supposed to be a plastic cover over that hole. With the cover on it, you would have never know it was there.

92awddsm said:
And just so you know, there is supposed to be a plastic cover over that hole. With the cover on it, you would have never know it was there.

Makes sense. Thank you!

So I went and got an exhaust and intake for my car today, big ups to Chris on the install, and when trying to fix my floor mat he found this. Does anyone know what it is or why its in my car? I thought it was quick but it looks like im never even WOT.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Step 3: Verify that WOT is 100%
With the car turned off, have someone sit in the car and floor the gas pedal, and then check to see if you can rotate the throttle plate any more by hand. If you can, it could be due to the cable being out of adjustment (adjust on the back of the intake manifold, 2 bolts) or something like a floor mat keeping the pedal from going all the way down. Fix this.

I think if you do this, that little block won't really matter.

That is the kickdown button for an automatic. It shouldn't affect WOT as when the gas pedal hits the block that is supposed to be WOT (what if your car was an automatic). Adjust as said in the post above.

However on a side note my car has the kick down button too. And it is and always has been a manual. I always figured all DSMs came with the button as a cost saving measure.

ken06 said:
That is the kickdown button for an automatic. It shouldn't affect WOT as when the gas pedal hits the block that is supposed to be WOT (what if your car was an automatic). Adjust as said in the post above.

However on a side note my car has the kick down button too. And it is and always has been a manual. I always figured all DSMs came with the button as a cost saving measure.

Actually no, it is just a bolt. There should be a cap there as well.

Check out my thread for awhile back. Link

Weird, they seem to think a cap should be there but I am missing it too. I'm still not sure why it is there. Can I pull it out and just place some kind of plastic cap over it?

psykhotic said:
Weird, they seem to think a cap should be there but I am missing it too. I'm still not sure why it is there. Can I pull it out and just place some kind of plastic cap over it?

why exactly would you want to pull it out?

Because my floor mat lies over it and when floored my throttle is probably 80% open. There was about half an inch left of the cable till it hit WOT with the mat in place. When I moved the mat and the gas was against that plastic stopper I was only a 16th from full. For those who have the block does your mat go over it of around it??

psykhotic said:
Because my floor mat lies over it and when floored my throttle is probably 80% open. There was about half an inch left of the cable till it hit WOT with the mat in place. When I moved the mat and the gas was against that plastic stopper I was only a 16th from full. For those who have the block does your mat go over it of around it??

Go ahead and take it off. If there is a hole in it try to cover it. Or just cut your floormat to fit around it. You can do some experimenting yourself. It is just a bolt.

I wish i had a picture. But there is a plastic block piece about 1inch in height that is screwed onto my floorboard beneath the gas pedal. I suppose this is for preventing 100% WOT? But i dont know. Im sure someone knows. Any input?

Never heard of it or seen it. At least not in mine. Take a picture.And you'll know if it's blocking you from going WOT. Just look underneath where the gas pedal connects. There's a stopper for WOT.

Don't worry, it's not preventing 100% WOT. It keeps the pedal from going all the way to the floor and tearing up your carpet. It may also help keep you from stretching and/or breaking the throttle cable. There's no reason to take it out if that's what you were planning.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back