The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

gas pedal stop [Merged 11-8] block switch plastic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actually your not supposed to remove it at all. It doesn't restrict throttle it stops your throttle from openijg up too much. Mitsubishi would put it there to amke the car slower, think about it.

Originally posted by my95tsi
actually your not supposed to remove it at all. It doesn't restrict throttle it stops your throttle from openijg up too much. Mitsubishi would put it there to amke the car slower, think about it.

well itll only go 100% open???? i dont think its gonna ever make it to 110% open with or without the rubber block, hehe. And that little block is in the way of mine opening all the way. I think the Throttle body is made so it stops when the plate thing is flat and dosnt just flip over and start to close when you put the pedal to the floor, but like always im not sure.

You can damage the throttle cable or TPS or such if you pull on the whole thing too hard. It is there to keep you from damagaing stuff when you slam your foot on the gas.

Originally posted by Defiant
It's the mounting shroud for the NO2 switch.

wanna know something funny???????? when i first got the car i noticed that there was a that block with a red thing inside it, guess what i thought it was? i though it was where someone had NAzzz on the car before and it was a switch that you hit at WOT. hehe...aaawww the good ole days.....that just happen to be 7 or 8 months ago good ole dayz....LOL:p

There a platic block boldted under my gass pedal. Why is that there? i have a 96 eagle talon esi. If you know why please pm me
thanks
Andrew :talon:

I search and sifted through my Chilton book but found nothing.

What is the red button underneath the gas pedal? I have never seen them on any of my other cars?

Sure thing. The only thing i can think of that it is, is the throttle position sensor. Thank you for the reply.

Attachments

• Pedal.jpeg
    Pedal.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 304
its a switch for the ecu and the egr...at wot the egr closes and stays shut so you can pass a car or do whatever required wot...and its what lets the ecu know you're at wot and lets it activate the rev limiter and the top speed limiter

90gst said:
its a switch for the ecu and the egr...at wot the egr closes and stays shut so you can pass a car or do whatever required wot...and its what lets the ecu know you're at wot and lets it activate the rev limiter and the top speed limiter

If what everyone else says is true, where did this come up from? :confused:

same i got a red and black switch under my steering wheel... i thought it was NAWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS but i have no NOS set up LOL ROFL ROFL ROFL

90gst said:
No. The TPS is what tells the ECU when you go WOT.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back