The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Full on Evo III swap to a 95 Mirage shell, 4g63, AWD, RHD all OEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

with all the clearness for the brackets first knuckle I did before final clean up
DSC03802.jpg

DSC03803.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

DSC03805.jpg

I have to tank my dad Ken for doing the coil pack bracket. he made it from a extra 90 dsm coil bracket and some angel iron I had at the house. it is now mounted on to of the A/C pump. I also drilled out the mount hole on a 91+ ignitor and put it were the oem intake bracket was. Dad also made an alum bracket to move the throttle cable so it would work and not bind up. We did a mini wire tuck also. I just have to get a longer hose for the PVC. We also had to redo the fmic piping with a 45 bend and cut the lower pipe shorter. On the smim we had to drill out the bolt holes a bit to get it to fit the bigger studs. But that was the only thing we had to do to it.
now to the pics
camerapictures001.jpg

camerapictures006.jpg

camerapictures007.jpg

camerapictures008.jpg

The auto climant controler went out a few weeks ago. I got lucky and found one on ebay in the UK and picked it up for 40pounds shipped (about 80.00)

also I sold the full alpine flip out set up to Mikey B and got a great deal on a 2din JVC deck and a new ipod cable
DSC04169.jpg

also found a replacement a-piller plastic at u pull it. had to take out part of the cage to get it back in there.
DSC04168.jpg

sense I had to take part of the cage out I move the wiring for the greddy gauges to the emtey spot under the heat vent.
DSC04170.jpg

also got the replacement climate controler yesterday from the UK and put it in and it works great
and here is why the first one went out. the fan motor was rusted probley from sitting as a front clip for a while got wet and rusted. It froze up and back feed the power back to the controler and burnt it out.
DSC04365.jpg

DSC04366.jpg

got more done today on the car with the help of my dad Ken. We got the water bottle mounted after cutting a big hole in the sheet metal to the top of it so it can be filled easy. Got the boost pressure switch installed and set to 20psi to come on and stay on till 27psi. Had to take off the front bumper to get the 2 oem evo III water sprayers in. Als fixed the front bumper with some alum rivits to hold it were it has to be. The bumper did not have the tabs on it when I got it and has been lose sense it went on the car. last thing we did was take out the amp rack and put in the rear cusco tower bar.

water jets
DSC04372.jpg

hose routing w/pressure-vol nipple
DSC04373.jpg

were the hole was cut right by the P.S. resvore
DSC04375.jpg

the bottom were the evo abs was to start with that never went into my car(pic before brackets were made)
DSC04376.jpg

with the bumper back on
DSC04378.jpg

got the big alen head bolt today and got them in and they work alot better than the bolts that were cut.
DSC04380.jpg

also got one of the front brembos painted. it is a heavy metal flake blue that is close to the cusco blue. The pics dont do it any favors. it was sanded down with some 400. 1 layer of primer,3 coats of blue,hi temp brembo sticker,3 coats of clear
DSC04381.jpg

DSC04382.jpg

DSC04383.jpg

got all of the brembos painted now
DSC04384.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

also went to the junk yard today and they had a 5g mirage so I snaged the arm rest out of it. No more crappy evo III plastic one for the car anymore that was to low to start with. To top it all off it was dirty as hell and was 2.00 because of that, nothing a carpet cleaner could not fix
DSC04386.jpg

ot the tires mounted to the 18's thanks to my buddy Pete at goodyear
DSC04670.jpg

DSC04671.jpg

and yes they have the euro strech on them 18*8 rim with a 215/35/18 tire. I dont care at all sense the rims are new cost me 300.00 and the tires have few hundred miles on them they were 125.00 for the set and I can't get a 225/40/18 under it at all.
DSC04672.jpg

so with all this today done I will be getting the evo 9 brembos on the car front and back and the 5lug swap done tomorrrow

any way got some of it done today with the help of my dad,kevin,and jon
got the rear arms off and apart and started to go back together. hit a road block with one of them the bearing broke pressing out the 4 lug hub, But it was craig for the save he was able to order one for me will be in tomorrow morring.

evo III rear arms. We cut up the oem brake brackets. We cut the ears off them. Also had to make the center hole bigger on the evo 9 ebrake and drill out the bolt holes in it a bit to line up with the evo III bolt's
DSC04673.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

here is the brackets that we made out of some 1/4in alum plate I had laying around also 1/4in spacers. still have to drill and tap the oem evo III brake bracket for then alum ones for the brembos.
DSC04675.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

Also got the front hubs put on the car and have some modding to do the front brackets and back of the brembo so they sit better.

dad and I got the rears all done today. the car is on the ground. just have to blead the brakes some more they are still soft and get the ebrake to work better.
here is the first set of brackets. redid them a 2nd time with a smaller spacers. used just a washer on the 2nd run of them.
DSC04700.jpg

DSC04701.jpg

also a 18*8 will fit on the rear of a evo I-III arm with 1/8 or so of space
DSC04702.jpg

we had to cut the a set of bearing centers for a spacer for the hubs. with out them the hub hit the ebrake.
DSC04706.jpg

dad,kevin,and I got them all blead out and got the ebrake fixed so it works really well. The evo 9 cables were longer than the evo 3 ones. I still dont like the brake peddle so I am going to pick up a evo 8 master and swap that in. also will pick up a set of rear s.s. lines for it.
DSC04707.jpg

DSC04708.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back