The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

fuel management questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spawn87

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
sacramento, California
im putting in a ported 14b into my car and ive already rewired my fuel pump. for now i plan to keep it at 15psi...but when i get it tuned i want it at 18psi so i know ill need 550cc injectors... my questions are:

do i have to get a 255 pump?
and is a fpr really needed cause chop that is going to tune it said i wont once its tuned.

thanx

A 255 is not required. But if you do get a 255 then yes you will need a FPR as a 255 will overrun your stock FPR. You could get a stock evo 7 or 8 pump, they are good for about 190, you could get a 190 Walbro, you could get a 3000gt or Supra pump. Many options. You could upgrade the entire fuel delivery system and keep your stock pump as was done here:

SteveTek Labs Research: High Flow Fuel Delivery System

Depends on your future goals and how cash you have on hand to put into upgrading your fuel system. Either way I would read that write up as there is very good information in it.

In other words when you use a 255 with stock fuel pressure regulater ## fuel pressure will increase to probable 55psi. But if your tunning it u shouldn't have a problem i ran my car the same way with a tune n never had a fuel issue it usually run's pretty rich if you dont tune it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back