The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

fuel management

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2004
Rockville, Maryland
hey im not exactly new to dsm's but this question might seem quite stupid to alot of people. anyways i just bought a t-28 for my 97 gsx and am now working up the fuel system on the car. now the safc and fuel pressure regulator , do i need both? i keep hearing get the safc, get the safc but fuel is not something ive studied up on too much yet. basically if you could advise me a little here. do i absolutely need a fuel pump and injectors? i heard the stocks are 450cc and should be able to hold for a t-28. and the safc and fpr, do i need both or what? just for reference its the b&m command flo with the gauge. thanks for everything

seriously there has to be someone out here that knows the answer to this. help me out here and some one post up a reply.

i would recomend at the veary least rewireing your fuel pump. personaly, with the t28 i would upgrade the fuel pump to a rewired 190, aeromotive afpr, upgraded return line, 550's, pocketlogger, and safc2. dsmlink if you could aford it. that would be the bare minumum i would do. other people might dissigree.

Since it's not locked yet.

red_gsx said:
do i absolutely need a fuel pump and injectors? i heard the stocks are 450cc and should be able to hold for a t-28. and the safc and fpr, do i need both or what? just for reference its the b&m command flo with the gauge. thanks for everything

You'll need a SAFC, MAFT, or DSMlink when you put larger injectors in to retune the engine.

Any fuel pump larger than the walbro 190 l/h will require a AFPR to bring the fuel pressure back to the stock base pressure and a 1:1 rate with manifold pressure since the stock FPR overruns with larger pumps.

You should seriously consider larger injectors for the T28. Using the stock 450cc injectors will limit the boost you can run.

The B&M Command Flo is not a true AFPR and is useless for most DSM purposes. It reuses the stock FPR base which is where the major problems are with the stock regulator.

Steve

thanks to the two people who responded to my questions, it elped out a good bit. as for everyone else who was saying something about the thread you know what you can go do. pardon me if i stay up till 3 in the morning in the wonderful land of trashkanistan just so i can get a few things done with my personal life while the rest of you sit at home and browse these boards looking for things to complain and report about. theres a reason it was in the newbie thread, i just joined this little place. once again thanks to the 2 guys who helped out and nothing changed for the others.

red_gsx said:
thanks to the two people who responded to my questions, it elped out a good bit. as for everyone else who was saying something about the thread you know what you can go do. pardon me if i stay up till 3 in the morning in the wonderful land of trashkanistan just so i can get a few things done with my personal life while the rest of you sit at home and browse these boards looking for things to complain and report about. theres a reason it was in the newbie thread, i just joined this little place. once again thanks to the 2 guys who helped out and nothing changed for the others.
Follow the rules and people wouldn't bi***. It's on you not them.

red_gsx said:
As for everyone else who was saying something about the thread you know what you can go do. pardon me if i stay up till 3 in the morning in the wonderful land of trashkanistan just so i can get a few things done with my personal life while the rest of you sit at home and browse these boards looking for things to complain and report about.

Attitude will just get you a vacation from this site.
Keep in mind that 1. Your asking for help, nobody has to help you and nobody cares how late you stay up. 2. You broke the rules of the site by bumping your post. The moderator intended to lock your thread and at this point it would have been better if he had.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back