The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel Management?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontsi3

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2006
keene, New_Hampshire
I recently got some work done to my head. port and polished 3 way valve job hks cams.V springs. I was wondering if with all this better air flow if I should do some sort of FM. I Pulled the plugs to see if I was running lean and they looked fine. I was thinking of going with the apexi afc2. I was going to wait until I upgraded the turbo but would this be a good idea now?
thanks

JayRolla said:
Thats what I thought, so if he got injection and cams he should be ok with the 550's.
Correctemente....meth/alky injection and/or higher octanes (recommend 110+) will make up for smaller injectors.:)

I have done research on the dsm link and hands down it is way better than the safc. But I also see that its not exactly for inexperienced people, The safc is a good beginner unit to learn on. My goal was inbetween 300-350 tops I would be perfectly happy anywheres nears 300. So my question is will the safc do fine on 300hp. I would run the 550's.
thanks

Ok sounds good. What are you going with for cams? I went with hks 264 intake and 272 exhaust. There sick.

gimpybrad said:
You will only need to get the fuel pressure regulator, if you upgrade your injector size. With your goals in mind it sounds like that is the direction you are headed.

GO NH! :talon: :thumb:
FALSE!!!!
You should only upgrade the FPR if you install a higher flowing fuel pump. It prevents overrunning the stock FPR and making you run rich.
You can also install it and up your fuel pressure on stock injectors to make them flow more fuel, but that is not reccommended as you will be pushing the limits on the stock pump anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back