The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Fuel Injector Clinic's photo coverage of the 21st Annual DSM/Evo/GT-R Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuel Injector Clinic

Supporting Vendor
Jul 15, 2003
Hobe Sound, Florida
Fuel Injector Clinic was out at the 21st Annual DSM/Evo/GT-R Shootout again this year as a sponsor of the Quick 16 class. This is always a great event and we look forward to being a part of it each year.

Below are some of the photos from the event, but to see all the photos see the gallery on our Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/fuelinjectorclinic

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

To see all the photos see the gallery on our Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/fuelinjectorclinic

Dear God man, what is that green thing???

Also, great pics. I love the RWD 1G totin the front end.

Thats Matt Arrudas E30 :) He's running our injectors and making some pretty big power. Here's a video from this weekend: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tIPkCIuCM]2013 DSM Shootout - 4G63 BMW drag race - Matt Arruda 9.23 @ 154 mph - YouTube[/ame]

He ran a new personal best of 9.23 at 154 this weekend but still has a lot more potential in it.

Pretty cool story about how he just got it together in time with help from a bunch of people on Saturday to qualify:

"This was the result of non stop work, many people coming together to make it happen, and an at the track rebuild of his transmission that same day.

Here is a quote from his post on our local forum about the ordeal starting at Friday night after having issues on a test pass:
"Back in the pits I ruled out any electrical issues and narrowed it down to a mechanical issue within the transmission. At this point it was about 10 PM and I had a head ache so I called it a night. Just before I hit the pillow I got a few much needed phone calls from my trans builder and Bill Hincher with some much needed words of encouragement. Saturday morning I got up at 7am and started to removing the transmission with plans to tear it down to find the issue (mind you i have never disassembled an auto trans or have any clue of their internal workings) With a small list of things to check over I got right to it, in the mean time I sent Tom W. to Summit Racing about 2 hours away with my debit card and no shopping list. I just told him call m when you get there ill have a list by that time. Sure enough within an hour with the help of some newly acquired friends Jason Crooks and Jake Lipton we had the trans torn down and found the direct drum to have some burnt up clutches. At this time I called Tom and he was able to pick up a TCI master rebuild kit for a whopping $130 and started to head back. While waiting for Tow to get back we noticed that the direct drum had some scoring where the clutch pack floats inside and it was suggested that we have it machined before reassembly so off we went to the local machine shop to have the drum cut. Chuck at Wakeman Power machine was more then welcoming and gave me a super hook up 12 qts of type f trans fluid, 4 cans of brake clean, 1 tube of ultra black, and machine work for a $38 WOW is all I can say Thanks Chuck ! Back to the track we went to finish assembly. Our 1st round qualifier was at 7PM and we just topped off the trans fluid and jack stand tested at 6:45 everything looked good so we towed the car to the line just in time and ended up running a new personal best on this very first pass
Even though the rest of the weekend didn't go very good I couldn't be happier it was truly amazing that our group along with my newly acquired friends where able to pull this off and for that I'm so thankful to be part of such a great community.""

I've come to the conclusion that our car is too plain looking for everyone!!! Not a single good photo of us.

Panda's FTW, How the engine bay? I would of if I was there, A little far from Texas haha I know some drove father but I'm Practically Mexico. We usually refer to my city as North Mexico. I like clean subtle cars, A spash of color on a clean engine bay and its a win IMO.

Panda's FTW, How the engine bay? I would of if I was there, A little far from Texas haha I know some drove father but I'm Practically Mexico. We usually refer to my city as North Mexico. I like clean subtle cars, A spash of color on a clean engine bay and its a win IMO.

Its a little messy....LOL

(taken at the DSM Shootout, Im not hijacking this thread! :p)

Wow, that engine bay looks great! Car too...
I was running around working at the booth as well as taking photos so I was stretched pretty thin and admittedly didn't have the chance to be at the auto-x or drag strip as often as I wanted or shoot as many cars as I would have liked to.
I should say that I make a point to shoot all of the cars running Fuel Injector Clinic stickers that I see though, if you want to try to increase your chances for next time :). If anyone wants some stickers stop by our booth the next time you see us at an event, and whether you have stickers or not if you see me out there shooting and want a photo of your car just ask and I'll be happy to take a few.

Wow, that engine bay looks great! Car too...
I was running around working at the booth as well as taking photos so I was stretched pretty thin and admittedly didn't have the chance to be at the auto-x or drag strip as often as I wanted or shoot as many cars as I would have liked to.
I should say that I make a point to shoot all of the cars running Fuel Injector Clinic stickers that I see though, if you want to try to increase your chances for next time :). If anyone wants some stickers stop by our booth the next time you see us at an event, and whether you have stickers or not if you see me out there shooting and want a photo of your car just ask and I'll be happy to take a few.

Oh! I wasnt trying to sound whiny! LOL, but I am a female so that's pretty natural for me!! I love all your coverage! Great work! It was our first shootout so I was excited to see if anyone got photos of us, no big deal!!! Thanks!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back