The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

22nd ANNUAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hope you guys are looking at the new rules. It is nearly impossible to have the wrong tires now. NO slicks and no DOT with just rain grooves, that's about it.

Excited to return last year was a blast hope it's even better this year. Only 10hr drive for me accept will be driving the dsm Insted of trailering it like last year:/

David. other than the 16g, and hta68, what other turbos are considered stock appearing for the DSM 1G and 2G ? I assume from talk last year and i believe read, you use a stock EVO turbo on any dsm also. thanx

B

David. other than the 16g, and hta68, what other turbos are considered stock appearing for the DSM 1G and 2G ? I assume from talk last year and i believe read, you use a stock EVO turbo on any dsm also. thanx

B

This is what the rules say in the first post of this page:

"The turbo on your 1g/2g DSM/EVO MUST appear to be a stock turbo for ANY 1G, 2G DSM or EVO"

So FP black yourself guys LOL

David i have a question.

FP has been offering the 3794 in an evo compressor cover 86mm i believe same as the black's would this be considered stock appearing? Or does the t3 and vband outlet throw that out the window.

Hey it looks stock from the front LOL

This is what the rules say in the first post of this page:

"The turbo on your 1g/2g DSM/EVO MUST appear to be a stock turbo for ANY 1G, 2G DSM or EVO"

thank you for elaborating on that. that was very helpful :rolleyes:

thank you for elaborating on that. that was very helpful :rolleyes:
Billy, Shane from the other thread did a pretty good job elaborating. Based on that response from Dave, you'll just have to figure it out.

Here is what Shane posted:

"But the turbo's should be pretty clear. Any stock appearing 1g dsm (see tdo5h compressor housing and mitsu flange hotside), 2g dsm (pretty much limited to the T-25 or T-28), or Evo stock appearing (so many options FP white, green, red, black, map ef series, etc.). The trick with the evo stock appearing turbo's is that you cannot use their dsm "same named" counterparts as they are not the same thing (ie. can't use DSM fp green, can use Evo FP green). Any of those turbos can be used on any platform, meaning you could use an evo stock appearing turbo on your dsm, if you want to go through the work of doing it.

This opens it up to some crazy custom turbo's obviously , such as the F3SA. As long as you use a TDO5H compressor housing, you can machine it to accept whatever compressor wheel you want that will still fit. With the FP 8cm hotside available, there are much larger turbine wheels that can be accepted as well."

Thanks for copying that over Mike. We went through a lot of questions on the class in the past and I'm sure David is just tired of answering the same questions which explains his short reply.

It would be nice to see a payout/sponsor for the class though.

If the class had more than 5-6 cars I feel like there would be no problem getting a payout. Most stock turbo guys choose not to compete because the winning times are unobtainable by the avg stock turbo street car and the avg race car doesnt use a stock appearing turbo. Its certainly a tough class to make rules for. With stock appearing no matter what the rules are there will be guys complaining. At the end of the day it takes people that want to race win or lose to fill the class. Its ok to go out and run 13's if your having fun doing it, your just not going to win.

If the class had more than 5-6 cars I feel like there would be no problem getting a payout. Most stock turbo guys choose not to compete because the winning times are unobtainable by the avg stock turbo street car and the avg race car doesnt use a stock appearing turbo. Its certainly a tough class to make rules for. With stock appearing no matter what the rules are there will be guys complaining. At the end of the day it takes people that want to race win or lose to fill the class. Its ok to go out and run 13's if your having fun doing it, your just not going to win.

You have a point, we had a good turnout the first year the rules were changed (the year after the original stock appearing class died due to lack of entries). The next year after the little auto car dominated it seemed like everyone bowed out or moved on. The availability of 16g's diminishing didn't help anything either. The popularity of the little turbo racecar had a nice little heyday but seems to be waning.

Billy, Shane from the other thread did a pretty good job elaborating. Based on that response from Dave, you'll just have to figure it out.

Here is what Shane posted:

"But the turbo's should be pretty clear. Any stock appearing 1g dsm (see tdo5h compressor housing and mitsu flange hotside), 2g dsm (pretty much limited to the T-25 or T-28), or Evo stock appearing (so many options FP white, green, red, black, map ef series, etc.). The trick with the evo stock appearing turbo's is that you cannot use their dsm "same named" counterparts as they are not the same thing (ie. can't use DSM fp green, can use Evo FP green). Any of those turbos can be used on any platform, meaning you could use an evo stock appearing turbo on your dsm, if you want to go through the work of doing it.

This opens it up to some crazy custom turbo's obviously , such as the F3SA. As long as you use a TDO5H compressor housing, you can machine it to accept whatever compressor wheel you want that will still fit. With the FP 8cm hotside available, there are much larger turbine wheels that can be accepted as well."
thanx mike. pretty much what I looking for. I missed that post by Shane. :)

I can't explain the rules any better than my sentence does.

As for class sponsorship. This is a bastard class made for the racers by the racers request. There are no sponsors yet that are interested in sponsoring it and without a sponsor it will remain a trophy only.

Never been to the shoot out, this year will be my first! :) so the shoot out takes place at the summit race track correct (1300 Ohio 18 Norwalk, OH 44857). ?
tickets can be purchased there at the door ?
And is it true, there will be a rally event ?

also, has the shoot out always been in the same location ? has it always been sponsored by BuschurRacing ?

Never been to the shoot out, this year will be my first! :) so the shoot out takes place at the summit race track correct (1300 Ohio 18 Norwalk, OH 44857). ?
tickets can be purchased there at the door ?
And is it true, there will be a rally event ?

also, has the shoot out always been in the same location ? has it always been sponsored by BuschurRacing ?

Yes, it is at Summit Motorsports park. Yes the tickets are purchased at the gate. Hell no there is no rally event, there is an autocross though.

The shootout has been at Summit Motorsports Park for 22 years now. Yes, the race belongs to Buschur Racing and always has.

Yes, same spot as the last two years for the autocross.

Be sure and read the updated rules, the classes are simpler, less classes and DOT tires only with a tread style limit only.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back