The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fp manifold install (large gap between flange N turbo inlet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smbgsx

Proven Member
Apr 15, 2017
Richfield, Minnesota
I have a 1g in a 2g swap and am installing the fp dsm manifold. I have an FP30 turbo but there is a sizeable gap between the turbo and the header. There was a spacer between the manifold flange and head on the Mani I removed, but if this is supposed to be "bolt on" why would I need the spacer for these to parts made by the same manufacturer? Has anyone else had this issue?

I can take pics tomorrow, but I more mean that I would have to pull the turbine housing up and slightly back pretty hard to get it to meet the exhaust manifold flange. I think it will reach but they are like an inch and a half to two inches apart. I think it would reach and once I slipped the new bolts in it would stay, but I'm wondering if that's normal.

My guess is if they spaced it out ths downpipe is made to suit so thats holding it further away,

Dis-connect the downpipe and bolt the turbo up, as yes they are a direct bolt on, what ever happens between the o2 flange and the dp flange the dp needs adjusting, to meet the o2

I appreciate the input, I got too lazy to take pics yesterday LOL, but it think ill be able to make it. I just didn't want to force anything if it seemed abnormal. ill let you know how it turns out when I get my manifold-to-head studs and nuts.

New header works fantastic. Loosening the v band and rotating it was the ticket.

Attachments

• IMG_20170930_115805.jpg
    IMG_20170930_115805.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 69
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back