The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECUflash First Flashed DSM ECU! (98/99 Flashing FAQ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I was unaware that the "Full" version of Ceddymods was $30.00

I guess I have the stripped down version and when I try to buy the full version with my Debit Card it will not let me do it but it works for everything else.

Ceddy where are you?

The "stripped down" version will get most people by. You can rescale everything yourself, if that's what you're wanting. Don't get me wrong I've donated and purchased Big maps because he has tons of time and effort into this. Big maps does also include more than that though. Just saying the regular ceddy mod will go a long way.

The "stripped down" version will get most people by. You can rescale everything yourself, if that's what you're wanting. Don't get me wrong I've donated and purchased Big maps because he has tons of time and effort into this. Big maps does also include more than that though. Just saying the regular ceddy mod will go a long way.

I wonder what's going on then. My CEL wont flash when I get knock as I can watch EVOScan and see I am getting some knock but I never see the CEL Flash. I set it to a value of 1 so If I were to see 1 count of knock it would come on.

I also cannot get the stationary rev limit to work either.

I am a little confused. In order for the rev limits and stuff to work ceddy bits needs to be enabled.
inputting a 1 enables stuff right and inputting a 0 disables stuff?

I was digging through the thread and saw where setting the stationary rev limit to 0 enables it. Is this correct?

Attachments

• ceddy mods.jpg
    ceddy mods.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
If Ceddy doesn't come back, I'm not entirely sure how much longer I'll recommend the 98/99 over the Evo 8 for 2g's.

He hasn't been on geekmapped since 8-17-11, here since 10-7-11, and EvolutionM since 10-27-11.

I'm trying to get a hold of him now to see if he ever has plans to get in touch with the community again.

I got a hold of Ceddy enough to know he's not dead, but not enough to know any details or plans for future work (if any).

Anymore word from Ceddy? My taxes ought to be back here in a week or so, and I'm trying to decide whether to stick with the 98/99 ECU or move up to the Evo 8 ECU. One way or another I'll get the features I'm after, but I'd prefer to pay another DSMer for their hard work. Let us know if you hear anything.

Ceddy's not doing anything more with the 98/99 ECU right now.

Me moved and had to sell his Talon and probably won't be doing any more coding until he gets another.

So in other words, don't hold out for an update. It's still a viable option, but unless someone picks up where he left off, development has stagnated.

Anyone got any idea as to why I cannot get any of this to work? Read my post above this to know what I am talking about.

I wonder what's going on then. My CEL wont flash when I get knock as I can watch EVOScan and see I am getting some knock but I never see the CEL Flash. I set it to a value of 1 so If I were to see 1 count of knock it would come on.

I also cannot get the stationary rev limit to work either.

I am a little confused. In order for the rev limits and stuff to work ceddy bits needs to be enabled.
inputting a 1 enables stuff right and inputting a 0 disables stuff?

I was digging through the thread and saw where setting the stationary rev limit to 0 enables it. Is this correct?

All your ceddymod setup bits should be at 0 except for bit 15, because you want ceddymods, bit 14, because you want launch control, and bit 12, because you want cel on knock. There shouldn't be 1's where there are no features and I don't even know if your version has map switching. Also, you shouldn't turn on anti-lag until you know what you are doing.

All your ceddymod setup bits should be at 0 except for bit 15, because you want ceddymods, bit 14, because you want launch control, and bit 12, because you want cel on knock. There shouldn't be 1's where there are no features and I don't even know if your version has map switching. Also, you shouldn't turn on anti-lag until you know what you are doing.

Thank you for the answer, I will try it out again this afternoon.
As far as anti-lag I am well versed on it and know how to set it up properly.

Still not working..
I am just going to go back to Link.

Last edited:
Set your rev limit to 3k and I'm not talking about anti-lag review limit. Just the normal rev limit that is usually 7500. Just to check if ecuflash actually works. If you want I can send you a modified hex file just to eliminate one more thing that could be wrong.

Is almost gave up on ceddymods too one day where it kept on giving me errors in ecuflash but evoscan worked fine. I turned out to be a bad connection on the reflash wire.

Set your rev limit to 3k and I'm not talking about anti-lag review limit. Just the normal rev limit that is usually 7500. Just to check if ecuflash actually works. If you want I can send you a modified hex file just to eliminate one more thing that could be wrong.

Is almost gave up on ceddymods too one day where it kept on giving me errors in ecuflash but evoscan worked fine. I turned out to be a bad connection on the reflash wire.

I may have found something. I cannot get dsmlink to connect. I believe the car may have an issue and even though ecuflash seemed to flash something didn't work.

If i get link to connect maybe ecuflash might work.

How was Ceddy finding all these roms on the ecu's to begin with.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question?

He read the factory coded ROMs from the stock ECUs with ECUFlash. Then he likely used disassembly software and some help from other code experts to write the definitions for the ROMs.

Is that what you're asking?

Yea pretty much, thanks. I was just wondering how hard Ceddy's work really was, i know it wasn't easy for sure. What else is there to be discovered that hasn't been on these ecus? Did he get around to boost by gear tuning or is that even possible on these? Sorry about the randomness of this, but I wish Ceddy would get back and develop some more and help us out.:D

I don't know how much is left to discover, I think Ceddy did a fairly thorough job.

As far as what's possible, if you can write the code for it, you can make the ECU do whatever you want. Boost by gear is definitely doable if it's not been done already. It would mean coding in a lookup table for vehicle speed versus engine speed and adding that to the boost control logic already available.

We need boost control and solenoid window switches! Ceddy come back! No, but really, hope all is good with him.

Then get an Evo 8 ecu. They can do it already, and have been for at least the last year.

Just sayin ROFL

Coming from tuning honDUH's with crome (bseries) or kpro (kseries) ... I realize how easy I've had it. Kpro damn near tuned the car for me ... lambda overlay w/ a STOCK functioning wideband o2 ... SRSLY? I'm just not use to the software and still getting the hang of tuning/troubleshooting these things all together. Several things have almost got the best of me but, I will keep fighting until I win and know what is going on.

OK, I did what you said and set the rev limit under"Limits" to 3k and flashed it and it worked. Still no dice with anything pertaining to Ceddy Mods.

Well that's means ecuflash and ceddy definitions work. My bet is on the clutch switch being wired in wrong

I have checked that. Car will not start without pushing the clutch since I connected it back the other day.

I have tried the stationary limit in Neutral and in 1st with the clutch pressed to no avail.

And even then that does not explain the CEL on Knock not working.

I set it to a value of 1 and never see it even though I can see it in a EvoScan Log.

I did just go through and messed with the Octane Maps and leaned out WOT and it leaned out so I know it is properly flashing.

I am going to take a screen capture of how I have it set up now and let you see it here in a few after a shower.

I just thought of something. Do I actually have to rewire the clutch switch to get this stuff to work? As of right now the clutch switch it still stock.

Anyway here is a screen Cap of my settings.

Also I did not change the rev limit under ceddy bits I changed the rev limit under the "Limits" tab.

Attachments

• mysettings.jpg
    mysettings.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 110
I'll try to send you a file that should work.

it's either the speed sensor or some settings a tad wrong.

LOL, My email reply you said something about the clutch wire. But when I came here I guess you changed it.

So do I not have to rewire the clutch switch to get the stationary rev limit to work?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back