The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash 98 flashed ECU in 95. plug and play?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofgofg

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2011
kc, Kentucky
I found a 98 ecu for sale that is already flashed for 850cc injectors. Was wondering if something like that is a true plug and play upgrade. I would of course get the 190 fuel pump, and the 850 injectors. My car currently has t28 turbo, and fuel pump rewire. I was trying to find a way to take advantage of the bigger turbo without having to invest big bucks on dsm link, or learn some complex programming just to get the car running on bigger injectors.

So far I have learned that the plug wires would need to be re arranged. Also, there might be cel related to the different cam angle sensor?

I guess what Im trying to find out is if this ecu was flashed for another car, and used successfully, would it work without reflash in my car,, which probably has a different set up??

Yeah, Im looking for an easy solution for tuning up my bigger turbo.

It will run if all your mods correlate with that of the previous car, but you'll need to fine tune it to get it to work perfectly and of course monitor everything the first time it's tested. Although it's a great way to start because you're already in the ballpark of where you should be (this is if the ecu truly is flashed correctly and working). I'm not speaking in terms of 95-98 compatibility because I'm not sure on that stuff, but in terms of tune and ecu-switch, it'll work for the most part.

Buying a ECU that is already flashed seems a waste you have no idea what could be changed in the setup.

Not trying a sales pitch at all here, but if you going that route why not just get one that IS flashed for your setup?

As far as the compatibility, Just toss a 1g CAS on your 95 an you will be fine to run a 98/99 ECU. Any CE can be addressed easily as well. FYI

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back