The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash First Flashed DSM ECU! (98/99 Flashing FAQ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys, Im still having trouble connecting to ECUflash.. WTF I pulled the obd2 port out of the holding bracket and checked for power at pin 16 and its there. Also with it being out Im getting a constant connection to Evoscan now, as to before when it was connecting and disconnecting. Im still mind boggled as to why I cant connect to ECUflash though.. Anyone got any ideas?

Ok guys I have just started down the ecuflash path. I have sucessfully cross flashed the 20550011.bin file and updated my rommetadata folder with the correct .xml definition. I am having a problem viewing the assigned tables. For example: When I select the ceddy mods drop down list and right click normal rev limit box, Im not understanding what field I need to modify. This is also true for every map I attempt to edit. I will attach the normal rev limit and low octane fuel map map views I see.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You don't right click to change values. You hit the equal sign key "=", then type the new value.

Those menus that you brought up are used to setup the tables. You don't need to change anything there. You (almost) shouldn't ever have to change anything under there.

Ok. Im having trouble accessing the graphical interface for each map. It seems like the only operation I am allowed to do is right click items in the rom meta drop down list and select edit map or new map. I plan to tinker with it more today and learn as much as I can. Thank you sir.

Update: Words cant fully convey how stupid I feel. Problem solved.

Im having trouble finding the data xml for evoscan 2.6. I have downloaded every file that I can on ceddy's site to no avail. Im also having a hard time setting up my mut request for 2 byte load with the xxxxx011 rom. It seems there isnt a good, clean, cut and dry thread about setting up the mut table requests in evoscan for our cars. Unless of course im missing something.

Im having trouble finding the data xml for evoscan 2.6. I have downloaded every file that I can on ceddy's site to no avail. Im also having a hard time setting up my mut request for 2 byte load with the xxxxx011 rom. It seems there isnt a good, clean, cut and dry thread about setting up the mut table requests in evoscan for our cars. Unless of course im missing something.

EvoScan data.xml is in the CeddyMods .zip file.

In EvoScan_2.7+ folder.

No need to setup MUT Table, 2-Byte Load, etc.

Its already all done for you. :)

Edit:

Didn't see you have EvoScan 2.6.
For that version its in EvoScan_2.6- folder.
Upgrade to at least 2.7.0090 for working Maptracer for H8s.

EvoScan data.xml is in the CeddyMods .zip file.

In EvoScan_2.7+ folder.

No need to setup MUT Table, 2-Byte Load, etc.

Its already all done for you. :)

don't you have too flash the ecu with your rom in order to use 2 byte load?
also while I'm asking do I have to check the dsm/3000gt/ecl.MUToverobdII or leave the Mitsubishi MUTIII box checked?

Thank you sir. :thumb: Definately an oversight by me. My phone's android OS was unable to extract the files, which would have allowed me to see the evoscan data.xml files that were included. Now that I am home with Windows I can see them perfectly. :D

don't you have too flash the ecu with your rom in order to use 2 byte load?
also while I'm asking do I have to check the dsm/3000gt/ecl.MUToverobdII or leave the Mitsubishi MUTIII box checked?

Yes you need to flash the CeddyMod rom.

MUTIII

MUToverobdII is for 95/96s.

WOOT!! just finished reading the whole thread. I'm still in the researching phase. Hoping to start buying cables/software in the next couple weeks. I'll be doing a 6 bolt stroker swap and have a couple questions.

1- can a aem wideband 0-5v signal be input to the ecu and have that used for fuel trims and logging?
2- what exactly is big maps and extended maps? (I'll be under 7500rpm at any time if that matters)
3- everyone talks about using evoscan to log. is there a reason MUT monitor wont work?

1. Evoscan can log your aem wideband via the serial interface option. It requires that you wire up a db9 serial connector to your wideband's serial output (blue wire). If your laptop doesn't have a serial input (like my netbook), you'll have to buy a serial to usb adapter. I will attach a pic of the serial connector.

2. Big maps not only extends your rpm table, but also your load range. Apparently the lookups get a bit screwy when you get beyond the tables defined areas. I need to upgrade to big maps as well.

3. I have only just started to work with evoscan, but i know it has far more features than mutmonitor alone I.e. the wideband translator and map tracer.

Again im new as well but hopefully I have helped you out.

OK guys so im having some issues...

My computer crashed and I saved all my tuning files but had to reload all the programs..\

Now when I open ECUFlash it says Parse error at line 1, colum 1 error occured whil;e parsing element

and then when I open the program to open a tune it brings up another little section and says Unknown Rom Image and to either abort it or use wizard to create a new definition so could I get some help here!

All worked well before the computer crashed and I was just happy to save all my tunes but now im having this issue and am stuck!

and then when I open the program to open a tune it brings up another little section and says Unknown Rom Image and to either abort it or use wizard to create a new definition so could I get some help here!

This sounds like the classic "You're missing definitions or they're in the wrong folder" issue.

ok so now on to the fun part.... I thought I had everything as far as the DEf go and puttting them into the correct folder but since I had to reinstall I guess not so can you help me do this again... Ill admit it has been awhile and I have forgotten on how/what to do

Ok so I download ECUFlash again and it goes where it goes... I redownload the bigmaps tune so I can start fresh, and then take the xml file save it and put it where they go! I member that much by I believe I remember downloading something so I was able to save/use the xml file in order to place it correctly... SOLVED other than some maps read and some dont which I dont get...

Now onto my other issue... All my maps have changed back to small maps and I cant figure out why or what happened! I purchased Big Maps from Ceddy and did everything I was suppose to and even tried to redownload the file from my email and it is the samething???

Last edited:
all you need to do is install ecuflash and evoscan
download and unzip ceddymod, and move the definition to:

XML file (2055) needs to go in -> C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\ecli pse
(per Ceddy's first post)

then move the 2055 .bin file to your desktop and edit with ecuflash

Also for evoscan you need to move the .xml from the ceddymod evoscan folder to the program folder in C:/program file/evoscan/data settings

1. Evoscan can log your aem wideband via the serial interface option. It requires that you wire up a db9 serial connector to your wideband's serial output (blue wire). If your laptop doesn't have a serial input (like my netbook), you'll have to buy a serial to usb adapter. I will attach a pic of the serial connector.

2. Big maps not only extends your rpm table, but also your load range. Apparently the lookups get a bit screwy when you get beyond the tables defined areas. I need to upgrade to big maps as well.

3. I have only just started to work with evoscan, but i know it has far more features than mutmonitor alone I.e. the wideband translator and map tracer.

Again im new as well but hopefully I have helped you out.

Not interested in logging through serial. The wideband outputs a 0-5v signal and I'm sure there is a way to wire that into the ECU and have evoscan log that. I'm sure the ecu has unused analog inputs.

Ok so now that I am up and tuning again from the help of Ceddy and money pit I've got some more questions....

I just picked up a coil on plug setup that uses 300m coils and I know we can adjust for use of them in ECUFLASH but has anybody messed with it or any info on what to do or direction to go?

I've seen only 1 thread on this subject and it helped but no positive answer just people experimenting...

Last edited:
I am posting this as a favour for a friend of mine. He experiences a strange sputter when boosting over 10psi on his 14b turbo. It sounds like electrical issue, but decided to post some logs. Also we changed his plug wires to NGK ones (mine actually), tried with BPR7ES plugs (he has the BPR6ES-11). What we haven't tried is change the coil pack and the power transistor.

Here's his setup ( i know it is incomplete, but however...if someone finds something odd...):
Ceddy SD setup with GM 3 bar MAP
evo9 fuel pump (stock wiring)
Fuel pressure set to stock with AFPR
evo8 560cc injectors
14b turbo
10psi boost (when the boost is over 10psi the sputter shows)
1G head
BPR6ES-11 spark plugs
stock plug wires (tested with NGK also), coil pack
2.5" downpipe and 2.25" till the end

Here are the logs:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Q1dKTZE_0tMjFlMWZhZTAtOGQzOC00YzBkLThmOGQtMzcxZjYyOTZmMWE2&hl=en_US&authkey=CObCwaYC
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Q1dKTZE_0tZjlkZDRhZDItMTY0OC00ZGZkLTg1ZWQtZGRkZDdjZDM4MjEy&hl=en_US&authkey=CKClhN0N
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Q1dKTZE_0tNmQ0NmE2MDMtNjFkNS00OWVlLThmMDMtNjEwZjcxOTc4ZjQx&hl=en_US&authkey=CM3wlvYC
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Q1dKTZE_0tYTU0ZmZiNjYtODA4MS00ZTExLTllMDItMjMwYjJlOTU3OTNk&hl=en_US&authkey=COnh7YsE
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Q1dKTZE_0tN2E0MDYzNmItZWU5YS00NzE4LWE2YTEtMWI2ZWVhNzAzZWZh&hl=en_US&authkey=CPWOyuEO
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Q1dKTZE_0tZjliYjkxOGMtMjFjYy00ZGJiLWE0MTAtZTRhMTNkOWY5YWU0&hl=en_US&authkey=CNqNhacP
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Q1dKTZE_0tMGQwMTc4ZDctN2M1Zi00NDJjLThkMTktZGNiZDgxNTQyNDE3&hl=en_US&authkey=CMWayfAD

Just a quick question. I did the NLTS mod and I don't know if I wired it wrong or what but it said to leave 1 wire undone on the diagram I used. NLTS works but its causing me to throw a code. I don't know the exact code but I was wondering if this was common and where to turn it off at.

Anyone have an issue with evoscan losing connection when getting into a WOT pull? It doesn't do it mid throttle or during regular driving. Thought it was plug but that didn't seem to be it. Evoscan will just time out and have to reconnect. Very annoying and want to see if its hardware or software related.

Hope I get a reply on this before I blow something up.

SPEED DENSITY:

1) I put the Omni 4 bar and IAT in.
2) Followed the guildlines here: http://ceddy.us/ceddymods/speed-density/

I did everything listed until:

"You now need to simple drive with the MAF still in place and you MAP Sensor hooked up, and log these two items.
The goal is to get MAF and SD AirCounts to match under all conditions."

I logged MAF and SD AirCounts.

MAF aircounts jumps around between 0 1 and 2. That's it.
SD AirCounts is 2 no matter what. never changes.

This can't be right, as it makes the rest of the guide almost impossible to do.

Edited here:

Solved the above. If anyone else has similar quirks, make sure you put the mutII.xml file from ceddymods into evoscan for the logging parameters.

Last edited:
im having a hard time getting ecu flash to work. evo scan works perfect but i cant say the same for ecu flash. it keeps saying an error code when i try to read the factory rom or flash it.

any help would be appreciated.

im having a hard time getting ecu flash to work. evo scan works perfect but i cant say the same for ecu flash. it keeps saying an error code when i try to read the factory rom or flash it.

any help would be appreciated.

What does the error say that it's giving you?
Do you have the flash connector plugged in behind the odbc connector and connected into your tactrix plug?
Are you sure both the flash connector and odbc connector are fully seated?
Is your ignition in the ON position when you go to read your rom?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back