The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash First Flashed DSM ECU! (98/99 Flashing FAQ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awesome, ill go outside in a few mins! also what stock roms are you guys using for the 99gst????? there is one for every year dsm minus mine!

I don't believe anyone has written a definition to read the stock 99 gs-t rom in ECU Flash.

What I did was just read my rom, saved it, then flashed the ECU with the rom provided in the download here:

http://ceddy.us/store/

Just follow the directions in the thread and put your definition file in the right place, the rom should open in ECUFlash and you should be all set to flash the CeddyMods rom to your ECU.

first off thanks for the help and quick replies!

i took a step forward but im still having a few issues....

1.so i can get ecuflash to work now and it appears i have ceddy mods flashed. im now having some issues pulling the stock rom. its giving me some sort of error code i cant remember off the top of my head.

2.in evoscan i cant pull or erase my check engine light???? maybe because i didnt get ceddy mods in evoscan???? didnt really understand what i was reading through out this thread.

3.i have my lc1 wideband wired into pin 75 which is the rear o2. for some reason i cant seem to find in evoscan where to log it at.

thanks again for the help
David

1.so i can get ecuflash to work now and it appears i have ceddy mods flashed. im now having some issues pulling the stock rom. its giving me some sort of error code i cant remember off the top of my head.

If you flashed ceddy mods to your ECU, your stock rom is no longer there. You wrote over it with ceddy mods rom.

2.in evoscan i cant pull or erase my check engine light???? maybe because i didnt get ceddy mods in evoscan???? didnt really understand what i was reading through out this thread.

I had some issues with the CELs i remember at one point. Even now it takes me 4-5 tries to Read or Clear DTCs using Evoscan before it is successful. ceddy mods and evo scan don't work together in the way you're thinking. Evoscan can pull and erase your CEL, ceddy mods will let you disable the CEL from being thrown in the first place. It does make it easier if you replace the default MUTII.xml file that comes with evoscan with the file in ceddymods*.zip though.

3.i have my lc1 wideband wired into pin 75 which is the rear o2. for some reason i cant seem to find in evoscan where to log it at.

Check O2 #2 to be logged. You will need to change the formula in evoscan to get the correct reading (or not if you're using ceddy's MUTII.xml). Search the forums here or google for the formula.

If you need more info let me know.

Last edited:
Ok I am installing a 99 gst ecu in my 96 spyder gst. Does the fuel pump relay need to be wired the car starts but quickly shuts down I can keep it running by taping start on the ignition switch. Is the fuel pump relay on the spyder gst the same as the spyder gs?

EDIT: never mind that can not be so. I have a 95 gst eprom in the car so it can not be my issue.

what pin on the ecu is for the reflash connector? more specifically where do I add the reflash connector to a 97 harness

I just tried to find it using an multimeter and have no continuity between the connector and any ecu pin. that was on a 98 gsx where ceddymod works fine.

I am just looking to if there is a way to bring the analog output from a WideBand O2 (AEM or Zeitronix ZT-2) into a spare/unused input on the 99 H8 ECU. This way when I log with EvoScan, I could pick that up too. I thought that I have seen it somewhere, but this thread now runs over 25 pages and I could not find it on Ceddy's site either.

Thanks
Jason

Does anyone know the part number for the ECU connector pins? There's a link to a Tyco Electronics part number on the first page but the part doesn't match what my 95 has.

I got my 99 ECU all wired up with the flash plug in my 95... I was able to read the ROM and download it but I just get the "ROM Data" in ECUFlash... I installed CEDDYMODS and when I bring up the file "20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF" in ECUFlash I get all the options for fuel maps, injector scaling... but how do I get all those options for the original ROM I downloaded off of my ECU? I tried putting files in the "eclipse" folder under ECUFlash. Maybe I read the instructions wrong on where to put the CEDDYMOD files... any ideas?

At least I was able to flash the "20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF" file to my ECU and get the CEL to come on for knock which was pretty cool...

I got my 99 ECU all wired up with the flash plug in my 95... I was able to read the ROM and download it but I just get the "ROM Data" in ECUFlash... I installed CEDDYMODS and when I bring up the file "20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF" in ECUFlash I get all the options for fuel maps, injector scaling... but how do I get all those options for the original ROM I downloaded off of my ECU? I tried putting files in the "eclipse" folder under ECUFlash. Maybe I read the instructions wrong on where to put the CEDDYMOD files... any ideas?

At least I was able to flash the "20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF" file to my ECU and get the CEL to come on for knock which was pretty cool...

Did you activate the "Advanced user" in the options. That wil enable most of the tables for editing

The maps and tables Ceddy provides are stock and no different than what was on a stock 95 ecu.

Thanks for the reply. I'm running a 99 ECU in my 95 car. I just deleted everything and started fresh with the "20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF" file from Ceddy's site. So I'll try that and see what happens.

Did you activate the "Advanced user" in the options. That wil enable most of the tables for editing

I have it on "developer". I just flashed the ECU and got anitlag to work which was cool. :rocks: But I still get 8-9 counts of knock at about 2300rpm, if I rev it in neutral and I don't get that when I flash the original ROM to the ECU. So I just wanted to compare the original maps to the ones on Ceddy's ROM. But If the ROM from Ceddy's site is the only one that has all the extras and I have to base everything off of that, no big deal.:thumb:

You input the wideband signal into the rear o2 pin on the ecu and change the formula in evoscan.

But does any body know the correct formula? I have read different things about using the rear o2 but the formula has never been posted that I've seen

sweet that makes it so much easier. I would have to go with the way listed on the evom web site because I don't have my taxtrix cable yet. But my only concern is what he mentioned about using ecuflash, that's only to get rid on the cel right? I mean I won't need that to run my wbo2 will I.

I started to read through here and this thread is very long. Does anyone have a writeup on how to build the harness from a 1g to the 2g so we can use this ECU? I know it can be done because 6bolt2g is doing this very thing. Sorry if it was in here and I missed it. Thanks!

I have a question I enabled the launch control but I don't see a place to edit it on the software? Any help on that would be great!
Dan

Never mind the last I am a moron I was looking right at it and didnt see it...

I started to read through here and this thread is very long. Does anyone have a writeup on how to build the harness from a 1g to the 2g so we can use this ECU? I know it can be done because 6bolt2g is doing this very thing. Sorry if it was in here and I missed it. Thanks!

Have you tried the thread on Evolutionm.net "EVO8 ECU in a 1G in the works" I think it is what it is called.. It has been a while sense I looked at that thread but I thought I remember seeing something about patch harness instructions in there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back