The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Finished another HID retrofit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmm, can you PM me some info on that? I've had allot of people asking about headlights so it might be worthwhile.

It looks like something azdave did a while back:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jqnuop8Z8Gc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jqnuop8Z8Gc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jqnuop8Z8Gc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jqnuop8Z8Gc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That looks pretty cool no doubt imo.

You could look into becoming a Supporting Freelancer ;)

Holy cow, $145 a year!! If I made that much off these headlights it would be a good idea, but I don't do that much business :)

Still waiting for the final pics of the 2G with LED's. I will update as soon as I have them.

nice where i can find corner lights like this ???

I do HID retrofits on the side (mostly for 1G and 2G eclipse's). This is the first set I have done with LED's and I really like the way they look. I will get pics from the customer as soon as I can with them mounted. Feel free to PM me with any questions. PM with questions as I don't log in enough to keep up on the board.

Here's more pics and a set of 1G headlights I did.
HID Setups pictures by wazzelby - Photobucket

That is nice work. If only they were available for the 1g pop-ups. Those are probably more of a chalenge though. I have yet to see it done.

Are you doing true projector retros or just HID kits?
I've done both. I prefer to do the true retrofit with TSX projectors though.

That is nice work. If only they were available for the 1g pop-ups. Those are probably more of a challenge though. I have yet to see it done.
You are in luck sir.. PM me for more information.
***(this is not my picture BTW, I just want to give an example of what they will look like)***

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

very nice, no pics on the car yet?
There's a couple posted on page 1. He's still putting his car back together. I'll post more pics once he has it all ready.

Do you have pictures of the process you use for mounting the projectors? I'm looking for the TSX mounted on the Stock housings. I have all the parts needed, just stuck on the step of mounting the actual projectors to the housing. I want to make sure I do them right and they are nicely leveled.

I don't really have any pics of the process. I've been making these for a couple of years now. I made a jig to help line everything up after much trial and error. Getting everything straight and level is the hard part.

I don't really have any pics of the process. I've been making these for a couple of years now. I made a jig to help line everything up after much trial and error. Getting everything straight and level is the hard part.

That is where I'm at right now. I did the wire harness, cut hole on the stock 2gb headlight to make room for the TSX projectors, but just dont want to mess up the most inportant part. The mounting is what makes or brakes a retrofit IMO.

Yeah, the mounting is the hardest part, especially if you've never done a retrofit! My first set took me about 3 weeks of trial and error to get it right. Now I have a jig to help line things up and after doing 20+ sets I have it down!
Let me know if I can help you out.

Yeah, the mounting is the hardest part, especially if you've never done a retrofit! My first set took me about 3 weeks of trial and error to get it right. Now I have a jig to help line things up and after doing 20+ sets I have it down!
Let me know if I can help you out.

Yeah I havent really done any and to start out with the OEM lences doesnt help either. :p Im still debating if I want to use the brakets that are used on the How to write up on HIDPlanet.

Those lights look sick bro. Maybe I missed it but how much did you charge to do those lights?

I'm not a vendor so I can't talk about prices or sales, but if you PM me your email address I can send you more information about them.

Just finished retrofitting a set of RX projectors on an 03 Maza 6. Came out super clean! Looks factory. All wires and ballasts are tucked in the fender-well, headlights are dead even and have great light output. I would post some before and after pics but it looks exactly the same. I'll post a finished pic of the car later if anyone wants to see it.

Wow those lights came out great! Congrats on the install.

Thanks! Ive done at least 25 retrofits so far. I think I almost have it down now. I just need to start getting the parts at wholesale prices :)
The Mazda 6 was by far the hardest though. I had to do some special wiring to get the signal to the relay to work right. For some reason it wouldn't trigger the relay when I sourced the switch on the drivers side headlight. I had to pull it from the passengers side.

What kind of projectors should I look for If i wanted to do a retrofit?

Well you need to figure if you want xenon or bi-xenon projectors first. The bi-xenon are the same as xenon but the shield in the projector flips down to allow more light through giving you a hi/low beam projector. Xenon projectors are only low beam setups used with vehicles equiped with a seperate high beam light.

Most people will retrofit into ebay projector housings as it's a lot easier to do than our OEM headlight housings. It can be done but from what I've read it's a lot more work to make it look "decent". I'm still trying to find out if I can find just the ebay projector housings without the internals for a lower cost (doubtful though) since you'll just toss all of that anyway.

I've been checking out this site
The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more!

and there is also a forum for the HID community (can't remember the site) but the link is on one of the retrofit pages on here somewhere. I believe Azdave posted it IIRC

EDIT:
The forum website is www.hidplanet.com

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back