The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Finally got my setup together that i want.. opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
I think ive finally settled with a solid plan that im happy with that should net atleast 400whp and put me into 11s on pump gas.. let me know what you guys think and if theres anyway I can save money on some things or do it differently..

Engine management:
-Uprade from v2.5 to 3 dsmlink
-Halman boost controller
-Busher tune

Head and block:
-Weisco pistons
-Manley I beam rods
-Cometic head gasket
-ARP studs
-BC 264/272 cams
-Bc springs/retainers
-Hks adjustable gears
-Stock ported 1g intake?
-Oem timing belt

Turbo Setup
-Busher 3'' stainless with busher 3'' downpipe
-Holset Hx-40
-Fp mainifold
-Tial Wastegate
-O2 dump

Suspension:
-Eibach lowering springs
-Kyb adjustable shocks
-New tie rods and ball joints along with an alignment

Cooling system:
-VRSF fmic
-Tial bov

Clutch:
-Quartermaster twin disk
-Act lightweight flywheel
-Short throw shifter with oem knob
-Oem TOB
-Going to run stock tranny until it grenades

Fuel System:
-1200cc injectors
-wally 255 (already have) is that enough?

Tires:
-Not sure but a good sport tire

So thats the list! is there anything I left out thats important or anything you would change? Please let me know everyone!! Im super excited to get my build started :D

I know this list is going to run me about 7k in upgrades but thats why im going to slowly add it together until i graduate colllege in july and hopefully get to the shootout and see what she can do! I will not be happy unless it runs atleast an 11.70 on pump gas thats my bottom line

You could save on the exhaust (it's a pipe), dont need a tial bov, regrind cams, h beam rods will be fine. Also 2.5 dsmlink can get you where you need to be.

I like that you don't wanna buy cheap no name parts though.

Hallman - no, run a mini regulator. Works better and is cheaper.
Wiseco's - Explore other options. I can't complain about mine, but I feel like there are better pistons, I prefer JE's because of the dome design.
Manley I beams - No, get some H beams.
Cometic - No, get a felpro composite.
BC cams - lot's better out there imho, but it's personal preferance.
VRSF, if your going after pump gas I'd be getting a better core.
Quartermaster - I hate mine, and a 2100 with a 6puck would be better imho, or even a XTD stage 4.
1200's will out flow a single 255, 950's would be more than enough.

The kyb agx's ehh, I dunno....I don't particularly like mine. It feel's like they have way too much high speed damping, and no where near enough low speed damping. I don't know of anything else in the price range that is adjustable, so it's either live with it or spend more and get koni yellows or coil-overs.

Ok few questions.. Will Busher tune with dsmlink 2.5? And I already have 550 injectors in the car and I have an xtd stage 3 and it was the biggest piece of junk I've ever wasted money on, I launch the car alot and go to the track weekly, and I really want a nice clutch that's why I was thinking a twin disk I've heard from all my friends and everyone else act 2600s are junk and everyone hates them.. Also I need my suspension replaced and I've never had an after market suspension so I think the kybs will be night and day difference to me :) And what are some good h beam rods?

Edit: this car is no longer going to be a daily driver it's going to be a weekend car that I take to the track and run 11s then do some pulls on the highway on the way home and smash some vettes

Manley, eagle, scat. Honestly, I would spend the $400 on an act streetlite and a xtd stage 4, and see how you like it before you buy a QM. It's known that the stage 3 is garbage, but the 4 is pretty solid. I put 550whp thru mine, and made a lotta passes. The only positive to the QM for me is that it shifts fast, other than that it sucks. It's way too on-offy, and makes it hard to get a decent 60' out of a street tire car.

You might wanna throw a set of poly suspension bushings on that list. too.

Ok cool thanks for the options on that! Now I've heard from multiple people the act2600s sick for high rpm shifting any truth to that? I love to bang gears and I'm pretty damn good it yes I know it's not good for it but I can't help It I get in the zone when I'm racing haha

Well if you get a twin disc it will come with the flywheel, so u wont need to buy another flywheel. And i would upgrade to v3 if i were you. V2.5 works but v3 is A LOT better and a lot safe IMO. Good luck.

Yes a holset willi bolt to a dsm flanged Mani with a bep hot side, and ya link v3 will be one of the first purchases I want to do all I can to not piss Busher off when I take my car there haha I heard they hate working with dsms! And I would love to get one of your guys coolers but I have no money now and a friend has a 4" core for me so that'll work for me

You know how to weld! Just make a custom rad hose set up..I candidate show you what im doin on mine

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back