The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Fic 2150s and e85?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you want piece of mind / no hassle, and are going dual 1650's, why not get the ID1700X's and call it a day. /game in my opinion. :)
I personally, though, would go dual 1300's. Giving you a SH*T TON of room for growth, great idle/streetability, and guaranteed ease of tuning.

Also, all that's required for dual rails, is getting them fuel. Lol. Y's on both sides works.

How much power are you trying to make? What's your goal?
Funny story.

Fic 1650’s were developed for fic by Bosch and fic paid for oem type endurance testing. As a result they work great.

Injector dynamics didn’t pay for the endurance testing, instead choosing to test them on their customers. Failures were rampant. They did go back and correct the issue. But why give them your money when their business model sees customers as testers.

I know FIC is up there, but I do not know much about them (have not done ANY reading on them).
So I'd like to comment on this, but yeah. No info. Lol.
One thing I WILL say though. I fail to see ID risking reputation like that. I've talked to them over the years with questions here and there, and they've always been pretty cool.

http://injectordynamics.com/articles/the-same-as-injector-dynamics-but-cheaper/

I've seen a lot of people have great success with FIC injectors.
I've seen a SH*T TON of people have great success with ID Injectors.

I'll be sticking with / going with ID when the time comes. I wouldn't necessarily start bashing FIC or their products, but I would definitely recommend just going with what's considered the standard. And what has been for a long time. The price of those things aren't even that bad...

Proof is always in the pudding. Time will tell.

WOAH, thanks for that!
DANG!
I agree with you, not too cool. That was a terrible decision. Don't see why a company that size wouldn't have had that done up front.... Lesson learned I'm sure.

Interesting...

WOAH, thanks for that!
DANG!
I agree with you, not too cool. That was a terrible decision. Don't see why a company that size wouldn't have had that done up front.... Lesson learned I'm sure.

Interesting...
It doesn’t mean their injectors suck, they work fine, now. It happens everywhere with companies bigger than Id or fic will ever be. But as usual trying to skimp on cost comes back to bite you.

If you want piece of mind / no hassle, and are going dual 1650's, why not get the ID1700X's and call it a day. /game in my opinion. :)
I personally, though, would go dual 1300's. Giving you a SH*T TON of room for growth, great idle/streetability, and guaranteed ease of tuning.

Also, all that's required for dual rails, is getting them fuel. Lol. Y's on both sides works.

How much power are you trying to make? What's your goal?
Well, my car dynoed at about 650whp, and i was at about 90+ injector duty, this is on e85 of course. What are guys making with 1650s peak? Im shooting for 700-750

I just noticed id came out with a x series line 1700x to exact. They seem to be very high quality. For 1000 bucks id hope so

Just got done with a fair bit of reading and Google searching regarding FIC and ID.
Interesting stuff..
I encourage others to do so as well.

Back on topic, I really like ID's injectors.

Depending on which way you go, at your level, I'd be interested to see the results. I'm going to start reading up on dual rails as I'm curious if that's a good answer for streetability meeting high power.
I'm assuming it's possible to shut one set of injectors off (or below a certain value, like boost or MAF voltage or SOMEthing)? For idle/cruise..

Last edited:
2150’s are perfectly streetable... on pump gas or e85... as long as you tune the injector global and dead times properly any injector can work and perform with stock smoothness... you dont have to do dual rail 1000’s because you think it’s more streetable on smaller injectors, when you can do 2150’s on a single rail. The only time to do a dual rail is if your running out of fuel after 4 of the largest injectors you can run for your fuel. Unless you just wanna spend the money. It’s all in the tuning.

2150’s are perfectly streetable... on pump gas or e85... as long as you tune the injector global and dead times properly any injector can work and perform with stock smoothness... you dont have to do dual rail 1000’s because you think it’s more streetable on smaller injectors, when you can do 2150’s on a single rail. The only time to do a dual rail is if your running out of fuel after 4 of the largest injectors you can run for your fuel. Unless you just wanna spend the money. It’s all in the tuning.
My biggest concern was the problem with the internals rusting and the incompatibility with race fuel. Imo the 1650s are the best way to go.....I plan on stretching out my fuel system with some q16/e85 mix . If I need to upgrade im going to dual rails. A friend recently stopped by who was running the 2150s and claimed had issues with misfiring in his race car. When he had his injectors flow tested one was down to about 30%. He had only run them for a few months on pump e85.

My biggest concern was the problem with the internals rusting and the incompatibility with race fuel. Imo the 1650s are the best way to go.....I plan on stretching out my fuel system with some q16/e85 mix . If I need to upgrade im going to dual rails. A friend recently stopped by who was running the 2150s and claimed had issues with misfiring in his race car. When he had his injectors flow tested one was down to about 30%. He had only run them for a few months on pump e85.
They are not incompatible with race fuel, they are Incompatible with MTBE fules, which is in the oxiginated varients. And also in VP C85 (or used to be) If you run regular gas every once In a while or use the car often enough there is no reason the internals should rust. That said. The 1650’s are badass.... I just havnt personally had any issues with 2150’s on C16, 92 and 94, or e85.

They are not incompatible with race fuel, they are Incompatible with MTBE fules, which is in the oxiginated varients. And also in VP C85 (or used to be) If you run regular gas every once In a while or use the car often enough there is no reason the internals should rust. That said. The 1650’s are badass.... I just havnt personally had any issues with 2150’s on C16, 92 and 94, or e85.
Yes ive heard many people have had good luck with the 2150s. I just dont want to limit myself to e85 and pump. I sold my 1650s and purchases the 2150s and now im back on the 1650s

This rust thing is quite a bit of garbage. Any injectors will shut and over time and cause problems if not use regularly. My 1200cc injectors shut completely with e85 and had to clean it to reuse it. That is with 1200cc injectors...

The only fuel that FIC don't recommend using with their 2150 is oxygenated fuels which is VP MS, Q16, U4, T4, and others.

Many people with FIC 2150cc and FIC recommend using e85 with their injectors.
http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/dsm-evo-1-9/IS126-2150H

This post is very misleading for potential FIC2150 users.

This rust thing is quite a bit of garbage. Any injectors will shut and over time and cause problems if not use regularly. My 1200cc injectors shut completely with e85 and had to clean it to reuse it. That is with 1200cc injectors...

The only fuel that FIC don't recommend using with their 2150 is oxygenated fuels which is VP MS, Q16, U4, T4, and others.

Many people with FIC 2150cc and FIC recommend using e85 with their injectors.
http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/dsm-evo-1-9/IS126-2150H

This post is very misleading for potential FIC2150 users.
The 2150’s and id 2000’s are re-purposed cng injectors. They don’t stick from sitting like normal liquid fuel injectors. They rust shut. The corrosion and pitting that occurs when this happens can render the injector unusable even after it’s cleaned.

I know several people this has happened to. They don’t usually rust in cars that are used regularly. But, many people that race their cars put them in storage for the winter, or tear into them for upgrades/maintenance. Either way they are down for long periods. Lots of these guys learned the hard way that they should pull the injectors and wd40 them for storage.

Most people I know of running methanol run 2 sets of 1650’s.

The 2150’s and id 2000’s are re-purposed cng injectors. They don’t stick from sitting like normal liquid fuel injectors. They rust shut. The corrosion and pitting that occurs when this happens can render the injector unusable even after it’s cleaned.

I know several people this has happened to. They don’t usually rust in cars that are used regularly. But, many people that race their cars put them in storage for the winter, or tear into them for upgrades/maintenance. Either way they are down for long periods. Lots of these guys learned the hard way that they should pull the injectors and wd40 them for storage.

Most people I know of running methanol run 2 sets of 1650’s.

I have seen several normal injectors go bad sitting with 93 octanes from pump fuel. My previous 650cc did this over the winter a couple of years ago. Eventually, I had to send it to FIC and even they could not get one of them to work so they end up replacing it.

I think it is a fair assumption to make (based on my own experience) no matter what fuel you run or what size your injectors are they are all prone to failure. Rust or no rust. I just upgraded to their 2150 and I plan to run everything except oxygenated fuels.

Injector dynamics didn’t pay for the endurance testing, instead choosing to test them on their customers. Failures were rampant. They did go back and correct the issue. But why give them your money when their business model sees customers as testers.

I always thought PY and TP were a bit full of themselves. I have never met them, but I already don't like them.

Anyway, OP I have a new JMF Race with secondary injector bungs. 2 fuel rails has worked great for me for years. Personally I'd run 2 sets of OG delphi 95lbers. They seem to be idiot proof in the E85 durability catagory, and they are stupid cheap. Or even the newer SMP 120lb injectors.

Also you DO NOT need some fancy injector driver box to run the secondary. I've been running 2 sets with 2 resistor packs off the stock ecu for years. Mine were not even staged, ran both sets full time. No issues at all. I ran 2 75's so I didn't need to stage them. Just big flow for cheap is why I did it back then.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back