The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fastest DAILY DRIVEN DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

constant_proj21

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2009
Maplewood, Minnesota
I got to searching and didn't get a definitive answer on this. Who owns and drives the fastest (1/4 mile time) daily driven (driven everyday that it runs) dsm in the country? I don't care about emissions (I'm from MN, where emissions don't matter :thumb:), just want to know who's driving the most badass daily driven DSM in the country.

(Also note, not shooting for said goal, just a curious dsm'er).

Thanks,
Dan H.

The questions is too vague, never heard of one person with the fastest dd, a lot of dsmers drive the dsm everyday. You probably wont get a definite answer, there are so many out there, but If you find one post it, then someone esle will say they have the fastest dd dsm, never a concrete answer it could go back and forth.

Im seeing who has the fastest daily driven car, meaning a reliable dsm, that happens to be quick. If curt brown drives his car everyday to work, then yes he would prob take the cake.

ME!!! HAHA JK JK

Im shooting for high 11's next summer and i drive 50-100 miles a day. School, girlfriend's house, work, friends house, and gas, everyday. Yes, gas everyday, it is all city driving, do my fuel economy is junk.

OH!! and Im on a stock long block!!

I'm going to throw Mike Rizzotti in the mix for this one. Complete stock block making 625ish WHP (700 BHP) ran a 9.98 1/4 and usually drives the car every week, not sure for how many miles, but what is the definition of a daily driver.

im gonna throw out a definition of daily driver as "the car that you drove the most". If you drive your DSM 7 days out of the week but only drive it to the grocery store down the street, and drive your 1982 ford bronco to work everyday thats 20 miles away, well then your DSM isn't a DD.

Devin Shultz did 8.98 @ 163 in his 2g. He also set the record for the fastest 35R.

This is also his daily driver.

Edited for his trap speed. As far as I know he drives it to work every day too. My friend has a few pictures of his 2gb with Devin's 2g.

I went 11.85 on street tires and pump gas in my car. I average 300mi a week in it. It still has Cruize, AC, and a 2 15" subs in the trunk. My car is not lightened, and looks almost stock outside. I don't have a noisy ass dumped WG either. I usually made 5-10 0-120 pulls a day to.

Devin Shultz did 8.98 @ 163 in his 2g. He also set the record for the fastest 35R.

This is also his daily driver.

Edited for his trap speed. As far as I know he drives it to work every day too. My friend has a few pictures of his 2gb with Devin's 2g.

You should also mention that was on Hoosier quick time pro's, a twin disc, and the car is very gutted.

Not a friendly DD. Certainly a very fast street car.

this is a tough category......

-daily drivers don't run on slicks
-don't run on race gas
-in most of the country don't run on E85
-don't have rollbars or cages
-don't run NOS
-don't run small batteries
-don't run 3100 Pressure plates
-dont have one seat
-don't have 5 point harnesses

and on and on. So, yeah, what's a daily driver?

Guys that have 7 second Mustangs think they have daily drivers....cars can barely turn...

YouTube - My 99 GSX- Quick walk-around
This guy aka Brian has a pretty fast car. You can watch his track vid for those who don't know who he is. Illeclipse on tuners!
My definition of DD... Street tires, full interior, uses for work etc. no short cut body work like cut out bottom or front half of car replaced, pumped gas, no e85. And some other stuff im missing.

-don't run on race gas
-don't run NOS
-dont have one seat

Guys that have 7 second Mustangs think they have daily drivers....cars can barely turn...

My car would pass that test. I drive it every day. It is my only car. BTW, here in the midwest, E85 is widespread. I can find it just as easy as I can find 93 oct at the pump. I do not understand this logic that a daily driver can not run on E85. I have been doing so for 3 years! I run my car at the track the very same way I drive it on the street. No slicks or drag radials, removing seats for weight reduction and I drove it 130 miles to and from the track. No trailer. I also have a full interior! I also don't store away my car in the winter like most other "daily drivers" do. :p True daily driver in every sense.

Another thing that should be added there is a full exhaust!

Curt Brown, the end.
Agreed.

He drove his car from Pittsburgh to Norwalk when he ran the 9.10 @ 160 to prove it's street-ability. Full interior, not the definition of a trailer queen by any means.

Curt did drive this car to work on fair-weather days as well. It's body condition is the obvious reason it was not a winter beater.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9RhVE2JLfig?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9RhVE2JLfig?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My car would pass that test. I drive it every day. It is my only car. BTW, here in the midwest, E85 is widespread. I can find it just as easy as I can find 93 oct at the pump. I do not understand this logic that a daily driver can not run on E85. I have been doing so for 3 years! I run my car at the track the very same way I drive it on the street. No slicks or drag radials, removing seats for weight reduction and I drove it 130 miles to and from the track. No trailer. I also have a full interior! I also don't store away my car in the winter like most other "daily drivers" do. :p True daily driver in every sense.

Good Point.. i can find E85 in a few places here and if i was tuned for it i would be DDing with e85 mainly because of the fact i love that its Corn Fuel!!

i know many people that run n2o spray on DD.. they don't use it but for the times they need!

and if my car hits the mark where i will need a roll cage... its getting one and ill Still drive it everyday!

A DD is something you drive daily.. hints the name "Daily Driver" Just saying!!

-don't run on race gas
-don't run NOS
-dont have one seat

Couple things you listed def could be in a daily driven dsm, I guess I am biased, as a DSM is only a summer DD in my mind (MN sucks for rust :cry:). E85 is quite prevalent throughout the midwest as mentioned, and seems to be popping up here and there, so wouldn't rule that out.

Couple things you listed def could be in a daily driven dsm, I guess I am biased, as a DSM is only a summer DD in my mind (MN sucks for rust :cry:). E85 is quite prevalent throughout the midwest as mentioned, and seems to be popping up here and there, so wouldn't rule that out.

Def concur. E85 is becoming very common. Even I plan to make the switch.

I'm going to throw Mike Rizzotti in the mix for this one. Complete stock block making 625ish WHP (700 BHP) ran a 9.98 1/4 and usually drives the car every week, not sure for how many miles, but what is the definition of a daily driver.

Whats the definition of a "daily driver"? Really spawn? I would assume its something that is DRIVEN DAILY.

As in everyday you drive it.... dur?

Very cool. Like I said, in most of the country they do not run on E85. To me it's almost like running race gas. True, full exhaust would be key in a DD.

My car is the polar opposite of DD.:D

I know, one state over from me has it in certain areas, but, if I can't pump it, then I can't use it on a daily basis......I'm all about gas anyway, I eat corn, not burn it.....I understand why people run it, but, it ain't gas.

I went 11.85 on street tires and pump gas in my car. I average 300mi a week in it. It still has Cruize, AC, and a 2 15" subs in the trunk. My car is not lightened, and looks almost stock outside. I don't have a noisy ass dumped WG either. I usually made 5-10 0-120 pulls a day to.

You should also mention that was on Hoosier quick time pro's, a twin disc, and the car is very gutted.

Not a friendly DD. Certainly a very fast street car.

You can't specify what is a DD and what isn't by what clutch and if it's gutted etc. It's DD meaning DAILY DRIVEN. And yes that car is daily driven.

Very impressive, but your daily driver shouldn't be running into lean issues:D Might not make it to work......

"Daily Driver" is way too vague for what this is turning into. Hell, years ago, I drove my talon everyday with 25% of it's interior in it and no A/C, but, that doesn't fit my own definition of what a daily driver should be. So, was it a DD? I stored it every winter for the last 14 years, was it a DD?

Not even close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds like this is a true daily driven monster. I like the part where you say, I have no other car=DD.

-don't run on race gas
-don't run NOS
-dont have one seat

I wouldn't say i daily drive my laser, but i do have a tiny battery in it that sits for up to 15 days at a time and it fires right up strong. I would not rule out a small battery or five point harnesses from daily driver status. The rest of those i agree with but a rollbar/cage would be kinda on the line. If you don't mind climbing over that bar day in and day out 7 days a week I'd say it's a daily driver.

My definition of daily driver would be a car that is driven 5 or more days a week. If you drive it more often than you drive a second car, I'd say it's a DD.

I dunno, to me it seems like a car with no creature comforts is not a DD. You start running twindisc's, dogboxes, removing power steering, AC, cruise, sound deadning and your entering street legal race car territory.

Also, I think that a DD should be capable of tunring identical times on a local black top at the drop of a hat, as it does on the drag strip. That means no slicks no race fuel

Everyone has got there own idea of a DD. I think that HRM's pump gas drags, or drag week is a great way to test the DDability of your vehicle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back