The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fastest DAILY DRIVEN DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruise does not matter, neither does AC. My 89 Colt never came with any of those things from the factory. LOL. I guess I was driving a race car. :sosad: :p

ROFL

My 1.8 didn't have power steering or cruise either, but it did have AC. I rarely used the AC anyway because it sucked half the horsepower from the engine. In addition to no power steering, it didn't have power locks, windows, or mirrors to go along with no power under the hood :)

agreed! i dont have power steering or ac or any of that garbage on my DD 96 GSX 57mm garret turbo, 272's open downpipe, and i drive it 20 miles a day during the week and more on the weekends

This thread is pointless... There is only two sides to this. People who think "comfortable" ride is what requires to call it a daily. What this thread is completely is simple opinions vs simple facts. you cant even argue if its street legal or not. The simple question is who has a daily driven car with the fastest record. daily driven is daily driven whether you are getting tickets or not. daily driven isnt judged on what fuel you run either. If I stocked up on e85 or c16 or vp import or anything I still refuel when needed and drive daily(hypothetically speaking). It really makes no sense why you stray into the "well I want a comfortable ride" excuse. If it is daily driven, it is daily driven. Street legal fuel and mods and comfortable ride are irrelevant to the thread and OP's question.

My car has run 9.8 at damn near 154 and weighs 3050 with me in it. It still had stock seats, stock tape deck, power steering and full exhaust. Now it has lighter seats, a bigger turbo and bigger exhaust but still is around that weight. I drive it all the time on the street. Nothing is really stripped out of it except the major stuff (ac, bumpers, etc). I suppose I could daily drive it if I had to, I'd just put e85 in the tank instead of e98.

simple as this.. if you have current registration and tags. boom.. = street car.

Thread Pointless.

This thread is about true daily driven cars. Not "street cars." You can register a race car, put tags on it and keep it in the garage 11 out of 12 months of the year. I have friends who do this. It would be a street car; Not a DD. We always used to have this debate locally where supposed "street cars" get trailered everywhere to "street race." A joke!

Seriously, if you have never actually depended on your DSM to get you to point B from A and drive it through all the seasons of the year, it can never be a DD. Yeah...it's a true bragging right to have car of this caliber....especially one that's fast.

This thread is about true daily driven cars. Not "street cars." You can register a race car, put tags on it and keep it in the garage 11 out of 12 months of the year. I have friends who do this. It would be a street car; Not a DD. We always used to have this debate locally where supposed "street cars" get trailered everywhere to "street race." A joke!

Seriously, if you have never actually depended on your DSM to get you to point B from A and drive it through all the seasons of the year, it can never be a DD. Yeah...it's a true bragging right to have car of this caliber....especially one that's fast.

Agree with this 100%. The defination should be as follows...Daily Driver " a car that is driven on a every day basis that gets you from point A to point B regardless of modifications done". DONE.

the deffinition of daily driver cannot be determined on opinion. For the boys up here, including me, sometimes cannot drive through the five feet of snow. Sorry but I wont do a rancho full lift on my dsm to satisfy your opinion that the car has to drive every day, day in and day out to achieve the daily driven status.

pointless thread and arguement.

Jeez, who would've known my thread would get people all worked up LOL. Guess it was a bad thread :(

the deffinition of daily driver cannot be determined on opinion. For the boys up here, including me, sometimes cannot drive through the five feet of snow. Sorry but I wont do a rancho full lift on my dsm to satisfy your opinion that the car has to drive every day, day in and day out to achieve the daily driven status.

pointless thread and arguement.

You are taking the term 'daily driver' far too literally. And this is a very stupid argument. If you drive the car to work every day and/or it's your main commuter vehicle then it's a daily driver. Doesn't mean u have to literally drive it everyday even if there's 5 feet of snow LOL.

ROFL!... These threads always turn out like this... If Shep drove his car 2 and from work every day of the week and took it to the park on weekends, it would be a DD... Its not a "Street Car" in the racing term but it is a DD.

Diambo got that assbackwards.

It is what it is.. There is no definition of DD it is simply your DD where as Street cars are the ones who cant have slicks, needs full glass, lights etc etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back