The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Extreme PSI new E3 16g turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My2gdsm

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2021
Valrico, Florida
I’m thinking of buying a new turbo from Extreme PSI. Their website states that the turbine is improved to better control boost, also has a 34mm wastegate flapper. Is anyone running this turbo, with the improved turbine housing? Will the 34mm wastegate flapper interfere with running high boost?

Assuming this is the listing you’re talking about…

Extreme psi is a reputable vendor, and a genuine E316G is a very common choice run by lots of people so there should be plenty of info in the forums over the years.

Other than that we will need you to set up a vehicle profile for your car so we can see other mods you might have to be able to provide you with better guidance.

Last edited:
If you plan on maintaining higher boost levels without it spiking and falling back off the upgraded flapper won’t do you any good, that’s more so to assist with it not creeping at low boost levels which isn’t really a problem in the year 2023. I mean, it could be, but technology has come so far since those days that there’s no sense in running a 16g below it’s efficiency range like say 2005 for example when it was common to bolt a 16g on to a car with a stock fuel system and no way to tune where eliminating boost creep was crucial. Back then tuning solutions weren’t as easily obtainable so it made sense, in the year 2023 that’s not an issue any more. With the resources we have available now if fighting boost creep would be an issue then the car isn’t ready for an upgrade.

Also, get in touch with Justin, he can build you a better than new 16g that would be tailored to your needs for a much better price than $850. Even being genuine and from extremepsi, no 16g is worth $850 brand new or not.

Low boost = large wastegate
High boost = small wastegate

Many will tell you there's also a well-known turbo rebuilder on this site who can set you up with exactly what you're looking for at about half the price of new...can't remember his username, though. :hmm:

I think I know that guy..... I will have to search all of my contacts/friends. I have heard that he is a pretty good ole boy and even puts his signature on the turbos. How cool is that? It's a biatch to read when its spinning though........ROFL

I post some mods soon. I have read a quite a few post on this forum, but most of them is from 2002 to 2009. I was looking for newer post since they are claiming that the turbine housing is improved, from older versions, to better control boost.

You have given me the answers I was looking for. I’ve been away from DSM market for a while, and I’m trying to restart my project. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Extreme psi is a reputable vendor, and a genuine E316G is a very common choice run by lots of people so there should be plenty of info in the forums over the years.

Other than that we will need you to set up a vehicle profile for your car so we can see other mods you might have to be able to provide you with better guidance.
Yes, that is the Ad. I will set that up soon. I had to put my project on hold for a few years now, due to work. Thanks for your time.

Low boost = large wastegate
High boost = small wastegate

Many will tell you there's also a well-known turbo rebuilder on this site who can set you up with exactly what you're looking for at about half the price of new...can't remember his username, though. :hmm:
Thanks

I think I know that guy..... I will have to search all of my contacts/friends. I have heard that he is a pretty good ole boy and even puts his signature on the turbos. How cool is that? It's a biatch to read when it’s spinning though........ROFL
I’ll look it up, I have to refer back my DSM info from years ago. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back