The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Exhaust causing fuel cut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998eclipsegstdsm

Probationary Member
Jan 31, 2017
New windsor, New_York
ever since I did a turbo back my car has fuel cut when I go wot but it isn’t consistently doing it but if I punch it, it will fuel cut bad. Could the exhaust be causing this? My car also doesn’t have a stock air box it’s just the stock intake tube to the maf to a filter. Could this also be causing fuel cut? If these two are causing fuel cut then how could i fix the problem?

Your probably getting boost creep from your exhaust which would cause fuel cut if you don't have supporting mods and tuning. What manifold and o2 housing are you running? If stock then you can port to help with the boost creep. Make sure you have an aftermarket boost gauge also.

Your probably getting boost creep from your exhaust which would cause fuel cut if you don't have supporting mods and tuning. What manifold and o2 housing are you running? If stock then you can port to help with the boost creep. Make sure you have an aftermarket boost gauge also.
Agreed! that or your knocking and timing is being pulled hard.

ever since I did a turbo back my car has fuel cut when I go wot but it isn’t consistently doing it but if I punch it, it will fuel cut bad. Could the exhaust be causing this? My car also doesn’t have a stock air box it’s just the stock intake tube to the maf to a filter. Could this also be causing fuel cut? If these two are causing fuel cut then how could i fix the problem?
Are you sure its fuel cut? What does it feel like?
And you need a profile page. More difficult to help if we dont know the car.

Stock manifold And o2 housing where could I get a ported o2 housing?

Are you sure its fuel cut? What does it feel like?
And you need a profile page. More difficult to help if we dont know the car.
It feels like my car hits a brick wall and it completely dies while I’m still in it my car literally only has the two things that I said in the original post

Agreed! that or your knocking and timing is being pulled hard.
What could be causing knock?

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to what creating a profile like @pauleyman suggested, you may consider the following:
  • Need a boost gauge
  • Wideband o2 sensor to monitor AFR's
  • Get a method to log
    • ECMLink
    • EvoScan
  • Pressure test intake
  • Test waste-gate actuator
  • Inspect spark plugs
  • Inspect knock sensor for physical signs of damage (oozing)
The stock turbo (t25) and fuel system should not see more than 15 psi. Even that is a little high without at least a rewire of the fuel pump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back