The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Help!!!! Fuel Cut @ 4500 RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 reasons not to spend that money on a dyno

1) As stated above S-AFC are very simple to adjust .... do some research ( ie youtube, google, here on DSMTuners but just ask a bunch of question use the search option be proactive in your experience
2) dont you think the dyno tuner will ask some of the same question we are asking ( fuel pump size, injector size, cam etc etc

As for some advice ....( fill out your profile,if you havent , dont listen to "everyone in town" unless you live "DSM utopia") Start by finding out what you have, use google enter part numbers again be proactive, dont just let someone else tell you "everyone in town" .... wouldnt you rather know for yourself this to a be true 16g ( many different types and manufactures) that these are 550cc injectors, this is a 255 pump .. then people can really give ideas on what could be happening or what you could do to fix said issues ....

You are probably running to much boost for your setup without a tune. Keep the boost down until you get ECMlink or something. I had same problem after upgrading turbo until I increased injector size and started to calibrate it properly with ECMlink. Of course do a boost leak test right away and deal with those leaks first. You know its probably got some boost leaks if you just bought it. :)

2 reasons not to spend that money on a dyno

1) As stated above S-AFC are very simple to adjust .... do some research ( ie youtube, google, here on DSMTuners but just ask a bunch of question use the search option be proactive in your experience
2) dont you think the dyno tuner will ask some of the same question we are asking ( fuel pump size, injector size, cam etc etc

As for some advice ....( fill out your profile,if you havent , dont listen to "everyone in town" unless you live "DSM utopia") Start by finding out what you have, use google enter part numbers again be proactive, dont just let someone else tell you "everyone in town" .... wouldnt you rather know for yourself this to a be true 16g ( many different types and manufactures) that these are 550cc injectors, this is a 255 pump .. then people can really give ideas on what could be happening or what you could do to fix said issues ....
I looked up the part number for the injectors and they are mdl560p which I Google and it said they are 560cc injectors from evo 8/9. Haven't looked at ghe pump and can't find any numbers on the turbo. I guess I'll have to take it all the way out. It has low compression pistons which as I understand they come stock in turbocharged eclipse? I've been looking into my car and parts since I got it and I'm trying to learn. I've never messed with tuning a engine though

We all have to start somewhere, its better to take it slow and learn for yourself rather than off it to a tuner or a shop.
There is great support here! You can learn these little cars pretty quick just spend some time reading... and ask away when you need some clarification.
No need to take more pics I just wanted to make sure the turbo is what you thought it was.

We all have to start somewhere, its better to take it slow and learn for yourself rather than off it to a tuner or a shop.
There is great support here! You can learn these little cars pretty quick just spend some time reading... and ask away when you need some clarification.
No need to take more pics I just wanted to make sure the turbo is what you thought it was.
I just want it to run right. I love my car and know it has potential. It'll be enough for me as soon as it does. Just needs to be finessed right

This looked close to my set up so I tried these settings and no more fuel cut and it's pulling super hard now. Also added a couple more pics to my profile if any one wants to check em out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 79
Nice, a little research did you well!
If you dont have a way to log you want to keep an eye on your wideband for a little bit to make sure those settings keep your fuel within safe range.
Glad its doing better for you!

Nice, a little research did you well!
If you dont have a way to log you want to keep an eye on your wideband for a little bit to make sure those settings keep your fuel within safe range.
Glad its doing better for you!
Yea I've been watching it making sure it doesn't go too rich or lean seems to be fine right now. Still want a precision tune on a dyno though to get the most power and still have good gas mileage and driveability

Lol here's that j pipe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 71
So my car has been running awesome lately with no fuel cut. But I was checking the oil the other day and the dipstick smells like fuel... Is this bad and what could be the cause? It also gets horrible gas mileage. Maybe 150 to a full tank

My Guess:

#1. You are running way too rich and are washing the cylinder walls of oil. (Stuck open injector? Rich Tune?)

#2. Rings are worn. You done a compression test?

My Guess:

#1. You are running way too rich and are washing the cylinder walls of oil. (Stuck open injector? Rich Tune?)

#2. Rings are worn. You done a compression test?
It was running super rich and doing fuel cut. I learned it out to stop fuel cut but still burning thru gas bad. Have not ran compression test

Have you changed your oil since the initial super rich status? If not, do it.
What's your AFR? 10's fouled my oil pretty quick.
Changing n oil tomorrow... Question. I'm reinstalling my wb afr gauge. Do I need the narrow band wire? Cuz it's hooked up to a wire running to a relay under the hood. All installation video say don't need it but they're not on a dsm

Sorry. Not sure. Mine was installed when I bought the car and I haven't played with it. Also my car is still in storage hiding from snow so I can't look.
Maybe someone can chime in? Which WB gauge you using? More details in your dsm profile (brand of parts) would also help :)

Sorry. Not sure. Mine was installed when I bought the car and I haven't played with it. Also my car is still in storage hiding from snow so I can't look.
Maybe someone can chime in? Which WB gauge you using? More details in your dsm profile (brand of parts) would also help :)
This one but not the boost gauge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 56
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back