The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

EVOIII 16g dyno sheets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I made 262whp and 260 lb-ft w/ 18PSI on SoCAL piss-water 91 octane. Mods and dyno sheet are in profile. I didnt get a good tune because it was a dyno day only got 4 clean pulls. I plan on going back with the ported 2g TB (port matched and on car now), HK$ 264/272 (sitting in my garage), rewired 190lph, and maybe test pipe. Hoping to reach the 300whp level on 91 octane.

Mods i had during dyno run:
| EVO III 16G | JRC FMIC | EVO VIII 560cc | Ported 2G o2 Housing | SBR Manifold | Injen Intake | Greddy Type-S BOV | Thermal R&D 2.5"-3" Turboback w/ High Flow Cat | Walbro 190lph | ACT 2100 | Greddy Profec TYPE-S @ 18 PSI | NGK BPR7ES | Magnecore 8.5mm | Apexi SAFC II |

Things that are owning me:

1. 2.5" Downpipe and 2.5" HiFlow Cat
  2. 34mm flapper i cant hold 19PSI to redline it drops to 16-17PSI
  3. 91 octane

you're about 850's, a walbro, FP2s and DSMLink away. :thumb:

Throw in decent timing and 30psi, and you're set! (max HP made at 26psi, after falling from 31+)

How hard is it to convert a fuel system over to that system? I really may want to give it a try this year. Did you have to have any modifications to get e85 to work in you car. I know i'd need 33% more fuel then i'm using now.

well you and pnishr both suck, all that will cost to much. I guess i'll be running on c10, c12, c14, and c16 till dooms day.

What do you mean cost too much..? It's a really decent excuse to buy a new fuel cell.:sneaky:

And you can justify it to the woman (as applicable) with "I'm trying to save the environment... blah, blah, blah, puppies...blah blah blah."

I did not do anything to my honda but a pump and 720cc injectors.

I have been running for 4 years now.

Does the 1g have a plastic tank? From what i have been told is anything 1988 and after is setup to me ethanol compatible because of the 10% in the fuel we pump every day.

I have a 255lph pump now i just need to get injectors and FPR and then i will be ready

That and something to control it all with i think i might run a MS system with the flex fuel sensor if they can get the CS issue worked out.

• 34mm flapper i cant hold 19PSI to redline it drops to 16-17PSI

You and me both. But this time I'm coming back with a freshly built engine, an external WG, and a keydiver. I should be able to raise the bar quite nicely over the ~280 range I was stuck at. Just have to get her back together...

I did not do anything to my honda but a pump and 720cc injectors.

I have been running for 4 years now.

Does the 1g have a plastic tank? From what i have been told is anything 1988 and after is setup to me ethanol compatible because of the 10% in the fuel we pump every day.

I have a 255lph pump now i just need to get injectors and FPR and then i will be ready

That and something to control it all with i think i might run a MS system with the flex fuel sensor if they can get the CS issue worked out.

1g's have a steel tank, and a walbro 255 is not enough to support an evo3 turbo with e85. The walbro is only capable of flowing enough ethanol to support 42.5 lbs/min. The evo3 can flow 42. If you wanna risk that, go ahead, but I don't trust that my fuel pump (being that it's 4 yrs old) can keep up.

Wow, this thread is really making me want to hurry up and get my build done.

(mods in profile) ((yes I know the injectors are overkill, but I'm planning on link by the end of summer, as well as a secondary drag turbo))

I've been crossing my fingers for 400awhp, but that's starting to look unlikely. I would kill to run an 11.XX on this thing!

What do you mean cost too much..? It's a really decent excuse to buy a new fuel cell.:sneaky:

And you can justify it to the woman (as applicable) with "I'm trying to save the environment... blah, blah, blah, puppies...blah blah blah."

LOL, yeah but then I wouldn't be able to run my car in a street class eitherLOL

1g's have a steel tank, and a walbro 255 is not enough to support an evo3 turbo with e85. The walbro is only capable of flowing enough ethanol to support 42.5 lbs/min. The evo3 can flow 42. If you wanna risk that, go ahead, but I don't trust that my fuel pump (being that it's 4 yrs old) can keep up.

I tend to disagree. All I have fuel wise is a 255HP, Aeromotive FPR, and then 850's and there was no leaning out even at redline on the 402hp pull. That and I don't believe ABEL would have chanced my motor just to make the 400whp.

Anyway, as far as the mods on my car go (If you haven't noticed the above dyno run {402 whp on E85} is my car). Fuel mods were already posted, I've got a eBay FMIC (24x7x2.7 core size), 2.5" intercooler pipes, full 3" exhaust, DNP Tubular manifold, Ported EVO3 (of course), DSMLink, MAF-T, and FP2's. Other than the FP2's the block is pretty much stock. It has ARP rod bolts and head studs, and then total seal piston rings. Other than that, stock 16x,xxx mile rods and pistons. I believe that's about all I have done.

^^ Gives me more hope since I am looking for 380whp on 93octane. I love seeing people make 400whp on the E3, such a quick responding turbo and that amount of power + AWD = :) x 4

Anyway, as far as the mods on my car go (If you haven't noticed the above dyno run {402 whp on E85} is my car). Fuel mods were already posted, I've got a eBay FMIC (24x7x2.7 core size), 2.5" intercooler pipes, full 3" exhaust, DNP Tubular manifold, Ported EVO3 (of course), DSMLink, MAF-T, and FP2's. Other than the FP2's the block is pretty much stock. It has ARP rod bolts and head studs, and then total seal piston rings. Other than that, stock 16x,xxx mile rods and pistons. I believe that's about all I have done.

Hi Casey. ;)

I made 262whp and 260 lb-ft w/ 18PSI on SoCAL piss-water 91 octane. Mods and dyno sheet are in profile. I didnt get a good tune because it was a dyno day only got 4 clean pulls. I plan on going back with the ported 2g TB (port matched and on car now), HK$ 264/272 (sitting in my garage), rewired 190lph, and maybe test pipe. Hoping to reach the 300whp level on 91 octane.

| EVO III 16G | JRC FMIC | EVO VIII 560cc | Ported 2G o2 Housing | SBR Manifold | Injen Intake | Greddy Type-S BOV | Thermal R&D 2.5"-3" Turboback w/ High Flow Cat | Walbro 190lph | ACT 2100 | Greddy Profec TYPE-S @ 18 PSI | NGK BPR7ES | Magnecore 8.5mm | Apexi SAFC II |

3. 91 octane

do you think 660's might be overkill? i dont plan on getting dsmlink anytime soon but will be tuning with an afc....

any other tips you can provide?

how many miles have you put on?

thx

do you think 660's might be overkill? i dont plan on getting dsmlink anytime soon but will be tuning with an afc....

any other tips you can provide?

thx

660s are not overkill. I ran 660s with b16g, and gotEclipsed ran 720cc on his EVO III 16g, and we were using s-gayfc to tune at the time.

Many many miles, a few 1000 if I can recall.

3. 91 octane

I plan to run identical mods that you currently have..

when do you see full boost?

any other tips you can provide for longevity of the turbo?

thx

I use to have almost identical mods as he listed except a regular MHI big 16g that was ported.

Greddy 24r fmic, with dejon tool upper ic pipes, greddy type s, rre install kit for the big16g, including their lowr ic pipe, j pipe, ss feed, return. 18-20lbs, safcii, 3" turboback with cat, walboro 190, and denso 660s, ngk 7s, magnecors, 2600, rre flywheel

I hit full boost quick, it's been a while, but around 3000~rpm?

its oil and water cooled, some wil argue it doesn't have to be turbo timed compared to just oil cooled. if you want to keep it in good shape, just don't use antilag with it. :)

If you want that MHI ported big16g from RRE, with hteir j pipe, ss feed, $400 and its yours! Local too!

I will try the 255lph pump and see how that works if my fuel pressure starts to fall off then i will get a second one and run dual in tank pumps what other pump could i run that will flow alot more but not cost more then 200 bucks.

I figured people were making more like 330-360 whp on these evo3s.
Makes me feel differently about mines, even though I havent been dynoed yet.
Im positive I can break into the 300s, on pump gas especially being fwd,
but doesnt look like Ill go too far in the 3s by the looks at some of you guys numbers.

Before i installed the cams i use to see boost around 3200 in 3rd gear. I don't think 660cc are overkill you can tune 660cc with SAFC2 (i know plenty of people on the forums that have that combo). The reason why i got EVO8 560cc is they are really cheap, i picked mine up for $100 and flow more like 580cc.
The 16G ( and MHI turbo's in general) are like cockroaches they just don't die. I have had mine for 3 1/2 years and put probably 45,000 miles on it. I usually drive conservatively since i do commute to work and school on a daily basis. However, i have drag raced, done numerous canyon runs, and i have been know to do some "illegal" racing ;) and it still pulls as strong as the first day i installed it.

I plan to run identical mods that you currently have..

when do you see full boost?

any other tips you can provide for longevity of the turbo?

thx

Before i installed the cams i use to see boost around 3200 in 3rd gear. I don't think 660cc are overkill you can tune 660cc with SAFC2 (i know plenty of people on the forums that have that combo). The reason why i got EVO8 560cc is they are really cheap, i picked mine up for $100 and flow more like 580cc.
The 16G ( and MHI turbo's in general) are like cockroaches they just don't die. I have had mine for 3 1/2 years and put probably 45,000 miles on it. I usually drive conservatively since i do commute to work and school on a daily basis. However, i have drag raced, done numerous canyon runs, and i have been know to do some "illegal" racing ;) and it still pulls as strong as the first day i installed it.

thanks for the feedback!!!

I think I have made my decision!

I have a walbro hp 190lph fp, and 850cc injectors and dont feel like there overkill..
If you have a means to control them then why limit yourself to 660s or something of that sort... Gives you plenty of room to expand without spending twice...
Thats why i opted for a act2600 instead of 21... Stuff like that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back