The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

evoIII or regular 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mntalon_05

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2004
Jeffers, Minnesota
I'm still hunting for a new turbo for my car at a decent price and I got to thinkin. I've been looking for s16g's, even bought one that turned out to be a pile, just because i"ve read that for all around driveability, the evo is too large for an automatic, but I got to thinking. I've got manual cams, will have manual computer and injectors once the motor is broken in, and I've got a set of 550's just waiting to be put in when I find an AFC. Should I go with the evo that I just found? or keep on looking. I'm only lookin for around 300 at the crank when I'm finished, so either turbo is cabaple of doing that, just wondering which one will be better for driveabilty as this will be my daily driver.

Go with the EVO :thumb: The spoolup difference between a regular 16g and EVOIII will barely be noticeable if at all and the EVOIII has a slight airflow advantage above the regular 16G.

Agreed. A buddy of mine has the Evo III 16G on his auto and it's fine, even though he has a 2G. I have an 18G on my 2G auto and the spool difference between it and the 16G it replaced is hardly noticeable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back