The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Big T28 dyno sheets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On low boost 15 psi I got 235/260tq on 91. Now I run a downpipe 20 psi with 93-94 oct. I feel like it should hit 300

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to the track a few times on the FP Big T28. On street tires with tons of VHT the track was crazy slippery all the way thru.

My Talon was pretty stripped down. No A/C components. All soundproofing removed thru out the car. Act 2600 w/ 4 puck unsprung, CF hood. I was running 24 psi on 116 octane.
I'm a bit confused with VHT. I thought it was a traction promoter? I had real bad wheel spin thru the first 3 gears. Skating all over the track. It felt like driving on ice. I couldn't get traction with AWD and 50 degree weather. I had been to the same track way back in 03 and they didn't have VHT on it.

My tuning will be done on a dyno using ecu flash. Steve kan will be tuning. Really well knwn in the rotary world.

Please take into account that imean absolutely no offense in asking this, But what is the thing with people wanting tomake the best they can on the smallest upgrades you can get such as this and the 14b. Is it just the challenge, or emmisions type rules making you keep a stock looking car? Just curiouse why for the money in a disco potato you didn't go for something with more all out flow, or even an HTA68

When you can get a bigger turbo to spool as fast as a smaller one, for the same price, then a bigger turbo would be on my list. I like the driveability of the smaller turbos. The HTA68 is the biggest I've gone on the my STi, on the eclipse the EVOIII 16g is more than enough turbo.

Please take into account that imean absolutely no offense in asking this, But what is the thing with people wanting tomake the best they can on the smallest upgrades you can get such as this and the 14b. Is it just the challenge, or emmisions type rules making you keep a stock looking car? Just curiouse why for the money in a disco potato you didn't go for something with more all out flow, or even an HTA68

Great question. I wanted a quick stock looking car. I also wanted to retain my a/c without fear of over heating or adding 30 slim fans LOL. It gets hot in the summer down here and the more air i can get through the better. Thats also why i went with a smic.

Instant spool up. Boost on demand. Ease of installation. Durability of turbo. I admit I used to streetrace a lot. I'm reformed and retired. I don't think anyone does anymore. T28 is unbeatable from 0-45. Don't bash me. We all did stupid shit in our past. I drive for a living now. No liscense no job.

When I had one it was purely for the fact that this turbo is a true bolt on for a 2g and is probably the best turbo upgrade for daily practical use; it's incredibly quick to spool which is the only thing you can really enjoy on public roads and gives you extra umph compared to the t-2small

When you can get a bigger turbo to spool as fast as a smaller one, for the same price, then a bigger turbo would be on my list. I like the driveability of the smaller turbos. The HTA68 is the biggest I've gone on the my STi, on the eclipse the EVOIII 16g is more than enough turbo.

that one's easy,use a holset and add nitrous:Djust kidding,like I said i'm not doggijng anyone for their choice, I just bought and sold a 16g that i wasgoing to play with maxing out but then the holset fell intomy lap and i sold the 16g.

I was just curiouse that's all

True bolt on. Didn't have to fab anything for it. All off the shelf parts. And there's gotta be something said for that as well. Hence it's a pretty quick install and no problems after the install.

All these reasons make sense..I just wish you could getawheel in a stock housing that flowed 50 lb/min (closest being the HTA68,which i respect but due to MHI pricesconsider an exotci that doens't performto tothe new exotci prices)

And anything it "bolt on" as long as you got the right bolts and a stick welder LOL just kidding.. greatslips and numbers from yopu guys though, I like seeing the results of what can be done with such a small turbo

15 psi = 220whp and 230 tq on mustang dyno. 13 degrees max timing. Was getting some knock at 6 k rpm. No matter what i did it wouldnt go away.

You on 91 oct? More torque than a 13b...hahaha

Lol yea i know. 93 octane. Im gna go for 18-20 psi but, I want to find out whats causing this sporatic knock at 6k everytime. it went from 4 counts to 13 counts and everywhere in between after each pull. One pull it would be 8 next it would be 4. Never was consistent and never went away no matter how much timing was pulled.

I have a FP Big T-28 ported for sale on classifieds if anyone is interested! Thanks!

I put in a few gallons of 104 with my 91 ,turned the boost to 17-18 and only got 229/269 TQ on a dynapack dyno ( hub kind) I was hoping for more but still ran a 104 mph 1/4 on that boost level, I thought a hub dyno wold read higher.
I was at 3000 ft instead of sea level like my last one.

I'm somewhat surprised by those results. Your MPH suggests a fair bit more, close to 300 even. Do you have a log of the run?

I know I thought I had more in it I don't have a log it was at a mini car show ( top mini were 180-190 hp and a gsr powered mini hit only 150hp )

Egt's were 875 , I turned the boost up to 19 n hit 106mph the next day at the track. I'll get the dyno sheet posted tomm.

My story is I got 272 cams with springs and retainer and fpt-28 with link. First at 12psi I reach my 450s at 105%, then at 14psi I heat soak the side mounth. Now at 16psi I over ran my fpr. But so far I've jump on my friend who's running a 20g. And I'm still not done

Get some injectors please....haha

On a side note i ran a 12.6@111 fwd with a t28 with some more to go (stock cams/intake mani) i gotta be in the 300hp range...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back