The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVOIII 16g dyno sheets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Rohr

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2003
Best, Montana
Who can post a dyno for their EVOIII16g equipped DSM? Please give us all the details and a list of the mods on the car. I am hoping many have exceeded 300whp on pump gas :)

I put down 270 to all four Wheels on a Mustang Dyno (they read low) with a misfire but I trapped 111mph with the exact same setup so I was obviously making some power, all on pump gas BTW.

PS. you can see the dips everytime the enigne misfires...

3261Dyno_003.jpg

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

In the middle of summer in th South heat @19psi

In that same southern heat. Stock sidemount sucks. ~17psi. Incidentally I used the same dynapack that Yo2001 used later on and got similar numbers.

Attachments

• djetrun.jpg
    djetrun.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 7,453
Thanks for the posts! Would you mind adding what mods were on the car at the time, octane level and boost pressure?

Looks like 300whp can be done :cool:

Most everything in my profile, except I was running a 3" cat, NGK platinum "6" plugs, stock stretch bolts. It was a month or two later my HG let go - so now with BPR7ES, a fresh stock gasket with ARP studs and a test pipe, and the XACT Streetlite Flywheel it should be a little better. But I won't go back until I have a FMIC. It was on Cowboys 93.5 octane gas, which is no longer available here.

300 is more than doable on a e316g...

a local and she is on here. Made 313 whp @ 17psi with a big 16g, its all about the tune

GPTourer said:
Most everything in my profile, except I was running a 3" cat, NGK platinum "6" plugs, stock stretch bolts. It was a month or two later my HG let go ...

Your stock HG let go on 17psi? What went wrong...that doesn't sound normal for a DSM? Were you knocking badly? How many miles on the engine at that time?

myblack98gst said:
a local and she is on here. Made 313 whp @ 17psi with a big 16g, its all about the tune

That is a really great number! Obviously it was well tuned but it is almost hard to believe you can get that much power @ 17psi without some other major changes, like maybe 9:1 compression, cams, etc. Do you know what other mods were needed to get that number?

I don't know what is up with these guys cars, but they need to do some tuning. With my small 16g I put down 270whp and 270wtq. That was at 19-20 psi, with basic mods i.e. exhaust, fuel injectors/pump, SAFCII, 2G mas, even on the stock IC.
I am planning on getting an Evo16g soon, and if my numbers don't jump up to at least 300whp I am gonna be pissed. :mad:
Rob Rohr, good luck with the setup though. :D

Rob Rohr said:
Your stock HG let go on 17psi? What went wrong...that doesn't sound normal for a DSM? Were you knocking badly? How many miles on the engine at that time?

Actually, I was probably at 19psi at the time it let go. It had like 75K miles. I never dynoed it at 19.

21-PSI said:
I don't know what is up with these guys cars, but they need to do some tuning. With my small 16g I put down 270whp and 270wtq. That was at 19-20 psi, with basic mods i.e. exhaust, fuel injectors/pump, SAFCII, 2G mas, even on the stock IC.
I am planning on getting an Evo16g soon, and if my numbers don't jump up to at least 300whp I am gonna be pissed. :mad:
Rob Rohr, good luck with the setup though. :D

If you car is only trapping 102, then even though we dyno'ed the same numbers I'm obviously making more power then you.

You can't really compare numbers unless they were done on the same dyno on the same day...

I made 294whp and 276lb-ft tq.

Attachments

• Will-Dynos.jpg
    Will-Dynos.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6,971
ikickuintheball said:
I made 294whp and 276lb-ft tq.

Will, those are nice numbers and close enough to 300whp for me ;)

How much boost were you running? Was the set up the same as in your car profile?
Any idea what the duty cycle was on your 550s at 294whp?

I made 302whp with my setup on an awd dyno. Stock motor with metal headgasket/arp head studs hks 272/272cams (unported unclipped) 19psi.

highboosted98 said:
I made 302whp with my setup on an awd dyno. Stock motor with metal headgasket/arp head studs hks 272/272cams (unported unclipped) 19psi.

Thanks for all the replies, you guys are great! Question - did you think you needed the metal HG and ARPs to run 19psi or did you do that for more boost later?

Hace you notice the difference btw my car (1G) and the rest (2G). I seem to have more torque than others. I would thought 2G would make more torque.

Rob Rohr said:
Will, those are nice numbers and close enough to 300whp for me ;)

How much boost were you running? Was the set up the same as in your car profile?
Any idea what the duty cycle was on your 550s at 294whp?

I pretty much had the same stuff in my profile. The only things different are that I was running an evo o2 with an evo3 16g. The manifold wasn't ported (and still isn't LOL). I was running just over 19psi. Also, you can see that the AFR was terrible.

I don't know the duty cycle, but I was at -25% on my s-afc. LOL. Plenty of headroom I think. It ended up being around -7% after the keydiver chip.

Also, I don't think you need the arp headstuds and metal HG. Save that for when you want to really push the 16g past 22psi.

I'm actually surprised by how low these numbers are...I was expecting to see more over 300 hp, rather than the 260-290 hp range. Please list your fuel mods and IC setup when the dyno run was done (we're assuming pump gas for these numbers?)

joemathews said:
I'm actually surprised by how low these numbers are...I was expecting to see more over 300 hp, rather than the 260-290 hp range. Please list your fuel mods and IC setup when the dyno run was done (we're assuming pump gas for these numbers?)

Well, you excepted too much. I was maxing out my 550's then. and ten dyno pulls back to back in the 80-90 degree summer doesn't help. The car went 109mph on pump gas so I really can't complain.

yo's 280 and CanadianTSI's 270 ALLwhp on pump are already very impressive IMO. My end goal is between that and 300 awhp as well, so this thread has been very reassuring.

mine's at 295.7WAHP and 292.3ft/lb of torque. look at the graph.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back