The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Engine revs up to 2000 rpm 3 times before going to normal idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav093

Probationary Member
Sep 11, 2023
Kristianstad, Europe
I have just installed my repaired ECU and on start and when driving it there was nothing unusual, but when I went to park it every time I put the clutch all the way in it revd up to about 2000 rpm three times before going back to normal idle rpm. It didn't happen with the cold start so it might be related to getting up to operating temperature. I did change the idle speed control motor before I found out that the former issues with the car was coming from the ECU.

Does a N/T throttle body have an Idle Position Switch and is it connected?

Does a N/T throttle body have an Idle Position Switch and is it connected?

The factory 1G 4G63 NA Throttle Body does and should be connected. It's the same IPS as on a turbo TB.

I'd honestly find a way to log , a Palm pilot with mmcd will tell you everything you need to know, I still have access to the original files from the yahoo group .
Have you set your biss screw properly via grounding out the obd1 port and the connector on the fire wall?
The 5 spare ips's i have are all toast ended up grounding it manually as I was fed up with My idle , the difference is my car would just idle high and not surge . (Only when hot)
Vfaq has alot of info however i don't even know if it's still around anymore LOL

Deffentally look into setting your idle properly , it's on tuners 100%

I'd honestly find a way to log , a Palm pilot with mmcd will tell you everything you need to know, I still have access to the original files from the yahoo group .
Have you set your biss screw properly via grounding out the obd1 port and the connector on the fire wall?
The 5 spare ips's i have are all toast ended up grounding it manually as I was fed up with My idle , the difference is my car would just idle high and not surge . (Only when hot)
Vfaq has alot of info however i don't even know if it's still around anymore LOL

Deffentally look into setting your idle properly , it's on tuners 100%
I will look into finding a Palm pilot, but when i drove it today there was no problem with the car even when i was parking it. Could it have been because I hadn't started since late October? I also have a problem with the cruise control and it worked once then stopped working again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back