The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

El Paso

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you sure its a 97 trany? you should test it as instructed in the youtube video you linked up on your previous post.

you said that tranny was obtained with the car when you purchased it? how much do they run retail?

ok well im guessing that now since i have a 97 trans that i need to get a 97-99 transfer case... any one got one?

Also, what is the purposeof an EGR blockoff plate aand can anyone help with installation instruction? :)

To remove the Exhaust Gas Recirculation portion of the emissions system. This, as the name implies, plums small amounts of exhaust back through the intake system. The EGR valve is held on with 2 bolts on the back side of the intake manifold. Remove those 2 bolts and bolt the blockoff plate in place with a new EGR gasket and shorter bolts. Done deal. This will help clean up the engine bay a little bit, don't you won't notice any difference otherwise.

my new transmission is a shep stage 3 transmission and it is out of a 97 and i know that 100% so i will need a new transfer case

Or you could swap the diff ring gear from your old trans.... a few OEM bolts, and the nonreusables replaced would fix that right up cheaper than a new Xfer case

well then it looks like it will be a awesome time then! i cant say when cause i dont know but ill be home in the next 20 days or so. so im pretty stoked to be getting to work on this. i know im going to annoy everyone i can LOL

so i was wondering why no one has posted anything the last few days and remembered that its a four day weekend back there in the states and people actually have things to do... less than 3 weeks away from being home.....

This thread ebbs and flows.
I've been fighting my own battles here. I get back after a less than 3k RPM cruise tune everything is phenomenal, other than my oil pressure.... I'll track it down... I got 3 other things I'll check before going full lab monkey mode (not knowing whether to fight, #### or hit the damn fence) then we'll see...

I just read your profile. You still have that strker on the car? I want to go that direction with my 1g awd. But I was wondering if you can give me a test drive to make sure that's what I want. Can that be done?

This thread ebbs and flows.
I've been fighting my own battles here. I get back after a less than 3k RPM cruise tune everything is phenomenal, other than my oil pressure.... I'll track it down... I got 3 other things I'll check before going full lab monkey mode (not knowing whether to fight, #### or hit the damn fence) then we'll see...

Yeah, a stroker with a FP green.... But I didn't like the way things looked for a bit. So much I put the plastiGauge in the bearings. I don't like my oil pressure @ idle. So I gotta figure why. In my hyper-analytical mind it can't be nothing simple.

I have a friend who is a good dsm mechanic, too much of a perfectiponist but does a hell of job on overhauls and mods. If you ever need a hand or advice, he may be able to help.

Yeah, a stroker with a FP green.... But I didn't like the way things looked for a bit. So much I put the plastiGauge in the bearings. I don't li vtke my oil pressure @ idle. So I gotta figure why. In my hyper-analytical mind it can't be nothing simple.

hey guys i just got back to el paso yesterday and will start the build ............ now .......... just took off intercooler piping LOL so if any one wants a place to chill and help me work on my car or you just need a place to relax and play some x box ill be here! text me 832-622-5887 Jay Johnson

Well I got my 90 eclipse gs.finally I ran a little rough at first but that's because it sat for a year. I got a deployment comin up just need some ideas for when I get back

Just so you know I have a lot of the stock parts for a turbo set up minus the electrical and modifications. 14b turbo, stock o2 w/ sensor, all the intercooler piping as well as the intercooler, + TB elbow. Obviously you will still need a downpipe at least, the water lines, as well as all the electrical changed. I sold my stock BOV too, so that is gone.

Well of its still there about a year from now I might get it I'm only lookin to run about 10psi is there anything else I need to change

Well of its still there about a year from now I might get it I'm only lookin to run about 10psi is there anything else I need to change

This is your blue/green one? I remember a dark color one, or the red one?(crashed it no?) Idk exactly I will have to read through the thread again. I knoe the short block unless you had forged internals, Or drill and tap for the oil squirters.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back