The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink ECMLink - LinkTools

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Calan, I was so stoked to see this thread pop up wish I would have seen it before. Anyway is there a way to use the tool if you arn't running speed density (v3lite). I have all the values exept ve and it doesn't want to show anything. I'm asuming this is because you have factored in that it will see ve. Anyway any help would be awesome, I want to upgrade to full version of link soon just need the funds.

Anyway is there a way to use the tool if you arn't running speed density (v3lite). I have all the values exept ve and it doesn't want to show anything. I'm asuming this is because you have factored in that it will see ve. Anyway any help would be awesome, I want to upgrade to full version of link soon just need the funds.

You can use LinkTools for a lot of things, but the Log Chart view is mainly used for calibrating the VE table. If you aren't running SD, there is no reason to use the chart and auto correction features.

You sir, are the freaking MAN!! I just took the plunge into running SD tonight... I have been feeling overwelmed as all hell, I have been all over the place on my VE table, I have been searching and I stumbled onto this, and I feel a great weight lifted off of my shoulders. As I see some of the features my jaw just drops and I say, "No shit?!" I just found out that I needed to change my global fuel settings to match my actual WB and AFRest readings... and just thought "great back to square one"...well nope theres the automatic calculations for that in this too! This makes so much sense its not even funny... thank you thank you thank you!

Thx calan, ya I was starting to think that about the log chart. I've already started to use the other features and must say thanks for doing this for us bro. My wife uses excel all the time for work and was really impressed with what you have done as am I. Thx again

I'm working on the next version of LinkTools, and one of the new additions will be a dyno graph. The data displayed is based on the range that is marked on the Log Chart.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

One of the cool things about this is the ability to view HP per lb of airflow, over the selected RPM range. I'm not sure on all of the details of how to take advantage of this yet, but it looks pretty promising...snd it's pretty apparent where my stroker is least efficient based on some sample logs. :)

This is in the preliminary stages; right now I'm just working on the math and getting the data organized.

Is there any specific functionality related to this that you guys would like to see?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty close to the aem's dyno maths feature, love that thing. Would be awesome to have the same for the v3. Of course, vbox would've been the ultimate tool to have, on any system!

Craig,

I wish there was some specific funtcionality that I could request, but honestly link tools is a very well packaged tool as it is. I just got done bragging about your program earlier today. Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this.

Robert

Come on people...let me have it. What are some more ways that you would like to look at the relationships between HP, Torque, Airflow, and other logged parameters?

Now's your chance to have your input seriously considered...don't miss the bus here. LOL

Thanks for all of the hard work on LinkTools! I'm not too sure what else you could add, but I would like to see a few more instructive videos editing idle, cruise, and WOT logs and what you look for in the data.

Simply outstanding!

For some reason these video files don't work very well (at all) on both my Android tablet and phone. (Other similarly encoded files work fine.) I normally watch all videos like this on my mobile devices. Perhaps uploading them to Youtube would be helpful? I don't mind doing it and fully crediting you and JCS Automation.

Hmmm... if I click the video links from this page with my Epic, they start playing almost immediately.

Anyone else having issues with them? They are just vanilla mp4 files, but they are fairly large.

(I'd rather them not be posted on Youtube right now, but thanks for the offer).

I am glad I finally saw this again, I am going to try and acquire an earlier version of excel asap so I can get more accurate tuning done. Thank you for everything you have done on this Calan

Posted in Link, posting in here too.

Earlier today, yesterday actually I'm just up late, I helped tune a friends GS-T who's running a stock MAS. The car's tuned but I wanted to use LinkTools to get a "dyno graph" of the pull and send it to him and honestly, this is my first time using 5.0. I wasn't logging VE or WBFactor so I disabled it in MiscData (figured that one out after clicking around for awhile) and got the log to load. But, for some reason, I can't select the portion of the log I need and something doesn't seem right with this new version.

You asked me to beat on it, well, all I can say is... you asked for it! LOL

This is the log I'm trying to work with.

Any ideas?

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
What?!?! Guess I'll have to give it another go then, I was tired last night but not that tired! I wonder what I was doing wrong?

I'm running Excel 2003 Brian, I think with the additional functions of 5.0 it slows my computer down? Every time I click on the log the entire screen resets so it becomes a PITA, LT 3 didn't do that on me but this one has so much more stuff to play around with! :idontknow:

I'll get back and see if I can't figure this one out. Thanks Craig.

I actually had to re-install LinkTools 5.0 as I found a flaw because I tried something and broke it, not realizing it, and saved it. :(

Instead of using Alt+left click/right click to set the markers I actually went to the bottom of the log chart and typed in the time in the log I wanted them at. Somehow it confused the software and I couldn't set those markers even though the log chart was showing them around the portion of the log I wanted to see in the dyno it wasn't actually selecting it. :idontknow:

I just reinstalled LinkTools and used the alt key and mouse and it worked perfect again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back