The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink ECMLink - LinkTools

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
LinkTools v5 is now available. This is a major update, with a lot of new features and enhancements, including:

1. Added a new dyno page
2. Accuracy of VE corrections has been improved
3. Completely revamped the VE table code, to include two separate and independent tables.
4. Simplified the VE correction choices.
5. Enhanced steady-state selection.
6. Added the ability to detect and measure spool and 70-90 times.
7. More items added to log, including timing, airflow, HP, and torque.
8. LinkTools now calculates HP per lb/min of airflow, as well as acceleration rates.

...and much more.

All new videos

1. Introduction
2. Importing and Exporting
3. Log chart - 1
4. Log chart - 2
5. VE table
6. AFR and timing tables
7. VE corrections
8. Steady-state functions
9. Dyno view

Until further notice, LinkTools is no longer available for public download.

LinkTools is intellectual property meant for personal use, and is not to be sold, redistributed, or used for profit in any way.

Screenshots

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
The internet connection that I have right now isn't very fast, can you by chance explain more in depth what these formulas do?

I'm only getting 4-5kbps down. :(

Very helpful.. Release date?

No idea, but hopefully within a couple of weeks. I'm still hammering out a few minor issues and re-thinking how I do a couple of things.

The internet connection that I have right now isn't very fast, can you by chance explain more in depth what these formulas do?

I'm only getting 4-5kbps down. :(

There really isn't a way to explain it easily. It's not formulas...it's a full blown program built on top of MS Excel.

I'm working on finding a better way to compress the videos to make them smaller and easier to stream. I'll also try to post up some screenshots when I get a chance.

Thank you, hopefully tomorrow after my bandwidth limit resets I won't have this atrocious cap.

YES!!! This is amazing! These are the things I LOVE about the DSM community! Someone always pulls threw and creates amazing tools/procedures for this community!!!! I have been able to dial in my car with the tools given to you in ECMLink for speed density. It is new to their program and does an ok job, but this tool will take my ability to tune with SD to a new level. While I was watching the video, I just kept thinking of problem after problem that this tool will solve! I can't wait!

I'm impressed. I used to make simple macros with the Microsoft office tools, but I'm completely amazed at the level of technical know-how it must have taken to conjure up these tools.

I look forward to watching the rest of the videos.

-Kalub

Wow, this will be an outstanding aid to those of us using link. Link is already and outstanding product with awesome customer service and then tuners like yourself contribute these tools that further enrich the perks of owning this product. The services that you provided to the community are great and are the reason that these cars continue to be built. Thank you for all of your hard work. I can not wait for the explanation of interpolation and scaling, as well as other videos. Furthermore I will be awaiting the release of this outstanding program that you have created. :thumb:

For those of you viewing this thread, THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD SUPPORT FREELANCERS. These forum members are trying to help the community so help them help you.:aha:

FYI, any Office 2010 users out there should try and source Office 2003 or Office 2007 software as not all functionality works in 2010. I'm guessing everything should work ok in both of those, correct Craig?

I'm not 100% sure on 2007, but it should be able to work on everything before that down to 2000.

I hope to have a beta version available within a week or less, so we'll find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to first thank Calan for providing such an outstanding tool to use with the already awesome Link software.

I have been abusing this software for 3 weeks plus at this point, beating on the SD corrections, scaling DA fuel tables to leaner/richer values, and just viewing the logs from different views. This software has been an outstanding aid in the final tuning product that I have produced and made the steps to getting there enjoyable.

I started using the software just as I switched to E85. I dialed in global and adjusted Idle. I then adjust the openloopthresholds and did some spirited cruises. With this data I ran SDcombFT tool in link and I imported the log into linktools to see the difference. To my surprise they were very close in relation which proved that linktools was on the right track. I then started upping the boost using linktools to make corrections as needed. The end result after running the tool each pull was great. I ended up running out of fuel (E85 :p) but this is where I ended up. The screenshot below shows some AFR errors in a pull that I made and the next screenshot is the pull right after the corrections where made. As you can see the software did an outstanding job in making VE corrections as the AFRest and WB match each other throughout the pull(minus the fact that I took it all the way out to 8500 this pull):cool:.

Note that the high RPM at the end of the log still need a slight bit of adjustment but this is the first time that I revved it out to 8500 which is why it ran a little lean. I applied the changes and the end result was a matching AFRest and WB. I do not seem to have a csv file but I will update with another screen shot when it stops raining around here.

Scaling has also been a huge help. Being able to scale the DA table from 11.2 to 12.0 flat in just a click has been outstanding. Of course you have to set up some parameters but after some tinkering around in linktools the scaling becomes second nature. It allows you to tune the car and change DA tables with a nice smooth linear ramp in one click.

Viewing the logs has also been a plus in linktools. Viewing by breakpoints has been very helpful in finding certain errors or cells that I may want to look at. Viewing the distribution of cells has also been a very nice feature of the program, allowing you to see what cells where affected, the correction applied to that specific cell, and the interpolation between cells just to name a few. Also being able to select a specific area and make changes to just that area makes the correction options endless.

This program is an outstanding tool and has made the tuning process a joy. I would like to once again send a big THANK YOU to Calan for the time, effort, and countless hours of time that you have put into this “program”. We as a community Thank You for your support and providing such a comprehensive aid to complement what Tom and Dave have created.

Robert

Attachments

• End.jpg
    End.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 547
  • begining 2.jpg
    begining 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 525
I haven't posted in a while here, and wanted to give everyone an update.

I've been working on a new version of LinkTools, which has a much more accurate and easier to read display for wideband error. You can also now see the cell contributions directly on the log chart page.

There will also be some more tools, such as one that lets you compare VE tables, an injector latency calculator, and maybe a calibration page for wideband delay...if I can work out a few problems that are making my grey matter hurt. :)

I'll try to post up a screenshot here in a day or two.

Office 2007/2010 support? :)

Unfortunately, no.

It would basically require an entire re-write, and even then I don't think some of it would be possible because MS literally removed functionality...which is just retarded, but it's their ball game.

I may be able to create an installer that installs the earlier Excel runtime along with the workbook...but I need to check on some legal ramifications of redistributing that runtime. I'm pretty sure it was allowed to be redistributed as part of a VB app with embedded Excel functionality, but I'm not sure about redistributing it to open an actual workbook.

I don't think it would be all that hard to find a copy of Excel from 2006 or earlier though... if you look hard enough. :)

I'd really like to, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. I am constantly simplifying a lot of the code and trying to transfer as much as possible to cell-based math, which the newer versions do support... mostly. But there is just a lot going on underneath that the newer versions just can't handle.

I'm still amazed that MS took such a huge step backwards and went against everything that Windows was based on, such as interface consistency and extensibility.

Here's a couple of quick (crappy) screenshots.

New chart window. You can see that there is now a zero reference line for WB error (white dotted line). The green trace is realtime error, and the red trace is an averaged error that tracks the VE cells. You can also see the cell contributions at the upper right.

Here is a screenshot of the table comparison function. Each cell is displaying the difference between the current and stored VE tables.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back