The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Easy Dimmable Gauge Lights (1G proven)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This How-To will show you how to wire up your gauge lights easily so that when you use your dimmer switch it will also dim your gauge lights.

Upon looking at the back of the HVAC panel on my 1g, I noticed that there are two copper bars that run the whole length of it which powers the little lights for the knobs. A light bulb went off in my head when I saw this and where I was mounting the gauges.

Since I was mounting my gauges in the vent, all I had to do was cut the wire to length and solder the wires to the copper bars. Simple and easy. You can put either wire on either of the two bars since it's just a simple light bulb and with light bulbs you do not have to specify polarity. Now if you gauge uses an LED I would test each bar to see which one is your ground and which one is your power. Since an LED will only work one way.

The nicest part about having them wired like this is that I can take the HVAC panel out and don't have to worry about taking my gauges off since they are wired to the panel!! :thumb:

This option may work on a 2g but I have never had the luxury of working on one.

Pictures are worth a thousand words:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back