The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Fog Light W/Parking Lights Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently was browsing to try and find a tutorial about moding the fog lights on a 1G DSM. I know the 1G fog lights aren't as nice as the 2G, but still why not... I couldn't find anything except 2G stuff, which seems to only work right on a 2GNT, I know cause I tried on my 2GNT and it worked flawless, then when I tried on a 2GT, no such luck. So I played around and did a similar mod, wireing in the power to the fog lights from the parking lights, it works, but you cannot use the fog light switch. This is unexceptable in my book.

So here it is, its VERY simple. 6 Philips head screws and you can pull the gauge cluster surround out, disconect the 2 or 3 Switches (1GA Headlight Rise Switch, Fog Light Switch, Dimmer) from the surround.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Take the fog light plug, notice it has 4 wires going into it. Red, Green, Green/White, and Black. The only wires you will need to modify is the Green and Green/White. All you need to do, is tap these two wires together. I just stripped the sleve off about a 1/4" and soldered them together and wrapped with electrical tape. Put everything back together and there you have it. As you turn on your parking lights, the fog lights will be active on a 1G DSM and you will be able to turn them on or off with the switch.

If you prefer to have the fog lights as a running light, you could wire the Green/White wire into a switched positive. This in turn will activate the switch whenever the key is switched to the on position.

Enjoy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back