The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

DSM FP bolt-on turbo with 10cm ex.housing

Ben-Stian

Proven Member
Aug 23, 2006
NORWAY, Europe
Hi,
I saw that FP are soon going to release a Black and/or Zero with 10cm ex.housing. Anyone here knows what a 2900-3000 lb (1350kg) auto car are capable of at the 1/4 mile on E85 only?
Thanks

Vegas Smith

Proven Member
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
Well, Tom Noonen did 8s with 8cm housing so just start there. I don't think he was on e85, though. I am excited to see these new turbos.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I always heard the fp30 9cm housing flowed as well as a t3 .63, I wonder if their trying to match the flow of a .82 ar? I just think the fact that their still innovating a new bolt on housing for these dinosaurs is awesome

Steve93Talon

Proven Member
Jan 20, 2005
Philly Burbs, Pennsylvania
I always heard the fp30 9cm housing flowed as well as a t3 .63, I wonder if their trying to match the flow of a .82 ar? I just think the fact that their still innovating a new bolt on housing for these dinosaurs is awesome

The FP30/35 housing was roughly referred to as 9cm, or .68ar. It is also modeled after a Garrett teardrop shaped symmetrical volute. The 10cm, I'm guessing, is the same as the 6-8cm bolt-on housings and has a less efficient volute shape. Not to mention the old housing had v-band outlets, was stainless, and accommodated Garrett BB turbos. Maybe they'll introduce something with a Xona cartridge that fits the 10cm but I'd still take an HTA 76/82/86 over anything in this new 10cm until I see something that impresses me. This is cheaper to make and they can use them with journal bearing turbos, so I guess the old dinosaurs got to a point where not enough owners were spending BB money anymore.

Vegas Smith

Proven Member
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
Man, there's so much FP could do with our platform. Now, I'm not being critical, but I wish they made twin-scroll cast manifolds and all the stuff the evo guys get. I said I wish, not that they should. I understand economics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds