The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

FP bolt-on housing fit Precision turbo's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
Oh okay. I wasn't sure if that housing had the same style as the other housing or not. Can't see the other side of it. And you're saying I'd need to machine that one to fit as well? The Dsm86 turbo is like $2200, whereas the Precision is just over $1600. That's a big price difference. Ready to pull the trigger on buying one, but wanna spend money the best way possible on a BB unit.

That wouldn't be a bad idea for FP. Offer housings and a maching service for some of the more popular housings. The fp housing is good enough that fp could make it worth there while, and people would still buy it.

I'd make a call to FP to verify that the housing in question is machinable to a turbine with 66mm exducer spec. That's pretty huge considering the T31 it was designed for has an exducer that is 10mm smaller.

Ready to pull the trigger on buying one, but wanna spend money the best way possible on a BB unit.
Well you're saving $800 off the top but spending another $200 on the FP housing and maybe another $100 to get it machined, so now you're only saving $500 to go with a turbo that is based around a T3 center housing which has been machined to accept aftermarket ball bearings instead of a turbo that is a Genuine Garrett GT35R with a different compressor wheel which FP balanced in-house on their own VSR. I'm pretty sure PTE doesn't own a VSR balancer.

The extra couple hundred is money well-spent.

Yeah, I got to thinking about that as well. Probably more of a hassle than it's worth and knowing my luck, the person machining it might screw up the housing or might not fit perfectly like I would hope for. So I just went ahead and ordered the Dsm86.

Would be nice if they offered the housing as a direct bolt-on for other brand of turbo's though. I would imagine they'd sell them like hotcakes. Any other Mitsu housing just sucks in my opinion.

Just waiting on Darren at FFWD to release the new rods so I can get this build going :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back