The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dsm bolt on turbo done for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielsl1999gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2009
los angles, California
Well, i heard rumors about it but never really thought it would happen. But now i see that it has really happen. Did MHI really stop making turbos for us? By this i mean, did the crazy $1200 16g turbo price hack overprice itself out of existence? Also, i see that fp no longer make the t28, or hta68. So, what now? I was planning on going with a new setup soon but i wanted to keep it stock appearing (california cops :notgood:) Any thoughts on whats to become of us now?

Well, i heard rumors about it but never really thought it would happen. But now i see that it has really happen. Did MHI really stop making turbos for us? By this i mean, did the crazy $1200 16g turbo price hack overprice itself out of existence? Also, i see that fp no longer make the t28, or hta68. So, what now? I was planning on going with a new setup soon but i wanted to keep it stock appearing (california cops :notgood:) Any thoughts on whats to become of us now?

As far as California goes, can 2g use TD05 cover style turbos? I mean both are techincally stock appearing, just different years.

If you can, I would look into building a 20g paired with td05/td06. Affordable, rebuild-able, and MHI CHRAs can be had for cheap.

BTW FP does have a 16g for sale, its a CHRA with no hotside or compressor cover. Note, it isnt a genuine MHI chra, it has the FP cast, but it should be just as good, if not better (I know FP likes improving designs).
Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP EVO 3 CHRA

Yeah 2g can, or at least i have gotten away with it at smog shops and every time i have been asked to pop my hood.

But yes i do agree that a sleeper 20g would probably be my next best move here. I was really hoping on getting a HTA68 but looks like that will never happen =/

I'm just wondering what is to come of stock appearing turbos for us... I was having a conversation with a friend who wanted to get 300whp and the only tubro we could think of were 16g, T28, HTA68. There is nothing else you can do without going Holest now, as in Brand New Complete Turbos.

But yes i do agree that a sleeper 20g would probably be my next best move here. I was really hoping on getting a HTA68 but looks like that will never happen =/
Not anymore....there are billet 20G compressor options, however. You can also pair one of these billet wheels to a higher-flowing turbine wheel like a TD06 or 06H to reduce backpressure and EGT's, resulting in easier tuning.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back