The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Datalogger, just got my palm today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasoncitrano

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 10, 2004
schaumburg, Illinois
Ok, i just got a palm m505 with cable and software, got it pretty cheap so i picked it up, i have no experience what so ever tuning with one of these, first off

How exactly do you connect the cable to the diag. port?

After i get that done, what exactly is mmcd?

Has anybody ever heard of Palm'n'stein?

on the end of my cable that plugs into the port it is green red and black wire...any help will be great thanks guys! :dsm:

did you get a cable that plugs into the palm AND the plug that goes to the diagnostic port? if so, plug both sides where they need to go. the diag. port is near the knee bolster on the upper right hand side [ at least in my 2g it is ].

MMCD is a datalogging freeware. get it, it's much better than palmnstein.

i assume palmnstein is already on the palm.. it's OK, but i've found it doesn't tell you AFR. which pisses me off, plus its log rates are slow.

green,black,red wires? are you saying that there is no harness plug at the end of your cable?

ok, on the car itself there is a harness which looks like everybody elses on here that i've seen...but the problem is the cable i got that goes from the diagnostic port to my palm cable then the palm cable to the cradle...i'm not even sure you can log using the cradle the guy i bought it form said you definitly can and he showed me while it was in the cradle...on the end of the diagnostics port cable that i have there are 3 wires on the end which plug into the diagnostics port (actually they connect to the pins inside the port)

i talked to the guy and he said that the cable might be bad...becuase i can hotsync to my computer fine but when i add the cable to connect to the car it doesn't work...so thast what i'm thinking, he sent it out yesterday hopefully its the cable!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back