The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

CTS-V brake caliper swap (Brembo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If that doesn't work we still got the genesis coupe brembo at 13.4" or evo X 13.8" . both rotors has our bolt pattern.

Hmm that does look close. I guess the only way to find out is too try. Good work with the overlay it does make 1" look pretty minuscule, in my mind it seemed larger, hopefully that picture proves correct.

An inch does seem kinda alot esp when dealing with fine measurements. But its only a half inch more into the caliper. So, i think my picture proves the point though. :thumb:

James :dsm::talon::laser:

'
If that doesn't work we still got the genesis coupe brembo at 13.4" or evo X 13.8" . both rotors has our bolt pattern.

Very true. The IX would be the choice though, just becuase the more effective area. If the 14 inch doesnt work, it will be VERY VERY close. Plus these are going to be the cheapest out of any of the rotors. Under 200 for the front!

Very true. The IX would be the choice though, just becuase the more effective area. If the 14 inch doesnt work, it will be VERY VERY close. Plus these are going to be the cheapest out of any of the rotors. Under 200 for the front!

actually the hyundai will be the cheapest they're about $90 a piece.

Apperently, there are only 1 of the drivers hand side SS Brembos in the country, and 4 right hand side Brembos.

So the CTS-V calipers are looking more of the choice.

Update: Just went over to GM and ordered one CTS-V caliper for mock up. Should be here in a week.

Apperently, there are only 1 of the drivers hand side SS Brembos in the country, and 4 right hand side Brembos.

So the CTS-V calipers are looking more of the choice.

Update: Just went over to GM and ordered one CTS-V caliper for mock up. Should be here in a week.

sweet keep us updated!

do you have 18" or 17" rims?

Yes, I'm on 17" rims. I have MB battles with a 38 offset, the spokes bend outwards so I think they will be more acomidating to the caliper than others types.

I've doing some math and the CTS-V calipers sit approx .5" out further than Evo calipers when mounted up. Its gonna be sooo close.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What are you guys going to do for master cylinders?

Right now I have Baer track front brakes and I am in the process of installing my rear Evo Brembo calipers. I think I will probably leave it like that and not install my front Evo Brembos until I figure out what may need done with the master cylinder.

I believe having that much more fluid volume to move at the calipers is going to make the pedal feel terrible on the stock master cylinder.

Do guys upgrade the master when they run evo brakes? Most don't. I don't see why you would in this situation.

No, but when reading the threads about Evo brake upgrades some complain about the mushy feel and how it's "just ok" on the street, but on track it might suck. It also depends on what master cylinder is in the car. On 2Gs at least, the non abs cars have smaller master cylinders. The abs car have a slightly larger MC, but still smaller than that of an Evo.

I hear ya. Can you use an evo master? Does that bolt right up?

Brain, I remember Drew talking about upgrading from a fwd to an awd master cylinder. The awd master cylinder is only an upgrade if the the fwd is not equipped with ABS. Is that the upgrade you are talking about, or is he trying a different MC altogether?

There are 3 different MC's for 2g's. FWD w/ ABS and all AWD's have a 1", and non-abs FWD's have 15/16".

^Yep.

I'd like to hear from Drew then if he did install his 1 inch master cylinder.

For what it's worth, I believe Evos are 1-1/16. But I don't know if the stroke is the same. It'd be nice to have an FSM for an Evo... Anyone have one?

I have about every other section besides service brakes for Evo 8/9 :rolleyes:

FWIW, Evo X has a .94" MC LOL

Evo 8/9 master cylinder is definitely 1-1/16. Says 17/16th in CAP.

Brian, if the Evo bore is larger and the stroke is the same we know how much more fluid it moves. However, if the stroke is different than a DSM the MC could be moving more or less fluid per travel of the pushrod.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back