The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Cranks but no spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ Mills

Probationary Member
Jan 11, 2020
Winlock, Washington
Alright so I picked up a 1995 GSX a couple weeks ago. But I need some help from y’all since I’m new to these engines. I bought it running perfectly fine. One morning I started it up and 30 seconds later it shut off. Started it again same thing. Now all she does is turn over but won’t start. I got it to start once for a few seconds after disconnecting the battery but did the same thing. It has a new alternator, replaced coil packs, battery, PTU but I get no spark. I was only ever able to get a weak spark once from the plug but now it won’t even do that, no spark even at the packs. I get fuel, MFI relay still works and clicks and I’m stumped. Could it be the CAS or crankshaft sensor? I don’t have any confirmed, pending or ghost engine codes. I tried to look online for a solution but I kept finding open threads with no answers. Someone online said it could be a dead ecu. Like I said, new to these engines so anything could help.

You need to find out if you have +12v to one of your coil pack wires with the key on, then we would check for pulse to the coil pack with a test light on the other two wires with the test light grounded on one end.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back