The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch pedal stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrnMnstr

Probationary Member
Nov 22, 2012
oshawa, ON_Canada
I just bought the car 4 days ago been driving fine but when i pulled up to the light i pressed the clutch in and it wouldnt come back out

Its dark out and i dont have a garage to work on it but i got all of tomorow to check it out

i am a big newb but im assuming its either the master or slave cylinder. what is the easiest way to check this

i dont think bleeding will help because it was driving fine and i hadnt changed anything

any help wold be greatly appreciated

I tried bleeding and the slave is leaking ordered a new one itll be in monday hopefully thats all it is

One thing to check also when I replaced my master and slave: the line needed to be reflared and was still leaking. After the install make sure there isn't any fluid coming from where any of the lines connect. It took me a day before I got stuck again and looked down and saw it.

I've lost 2 slave from the seals blowing out. Definitely a good step forward changing the obvious first .

ill add to saying its the slave cylinder. Its leaking of course by the 5th pump of the clutch pedal its not going to work. LOL

it was the slave bought OEM with a speed bleeder made install super easy.

the old slave cylider was not only leaking it was broken the tip actually broke off, what would cause this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back