The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

clutch pedal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inimeg6482

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
philadelphia, Pennsylvania
:hmm:I wanted to know that if you have to push the cluth down to the floor to shift, does that mean the clutch is gone/bad or is that normal. I had someone that has way more expierence with driving a stick drive my car. They said the clutch grabs fine but you do have to push the clutch pedal to the floor. He said it might be an adjustment issue.......Any opinions? I will be replacing the clutch. I just want to know if it is an emergency issue and I need to replace it ASAP? I need brakes on all 4 wheels (rotors and pads) and would feel alot better if thats all i have to do at this moment:pray:

By do "to the floor" are you meaning that the engagement point is dang near to the floor? And as soon as you start letting off it starts biting?

If so, it does in fact sound like an adjustment issue. If you have a problem with this, simply adjust your pedal play. It adjusts where the engagement point is. Be careful when adjusting, adjust a little at a time. If you adjust too much, your clutch will start to slip. After you have adjusted it, take it on a little drive and get on it a bit to see if it starts slipping, if it does adjust it back. If it doesn't and you are happy with the freeplay/engagement point, your good to go.

I wouldn't venture to say that all of them are like this at all. Any car with a clutch can have and adjustment problem. I went through the whole adjusting thing myself, it would be hard to shifit into first and it bit super hard. I just had to adjust it correctly. Though it took me about 3 days to get it dialed in just where I wanted it and to find the happy median between biting and slipping. I am just kind of picky on it. I don't want it to bite AS SOON AS the pedal moves, but I do not want it to bite at the top of the pedal. That is just me.

sounds like an adjustment issue 1g cars are known for there poor clutch pedal assembly's watch how to adjust your clutch pedal either at jackstransmissions or search it on youtube. If you adjust it and the engagement point is still low and there is alot of slop you have to take your clutch pedal assembly out and buy new bushings and well a nut there is a how to on the website.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back