The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

2G Catch can setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamonDSM98

Supporting Member
27
4
Oct 2, 2017
Detroit, Michigan
I’m having crank case issues and I’m trying to solve it!

I have -10an fittings coming off my valve cover
-10an fittings coming off the oil cap as well and only 3 fittings welded to my can.

My question is should I add a Y adapter for my valve cover lines or add a Y adapter for my oil cap?
The spot where I have the filter on the catch can is actually a threaded fitting as well (-16an) that goes out to my exhaust. Which I plan on switching up

Please let me know what’s the best way to route this, I can modify it however.
Also is this over kill? Should I just add the two valve cover lines and maybe a line coming from the balance shaft inspection hole?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I feel like you have other issues going on if you’re still building pressure with a -10an and two -8an. That is far more than stock and should t be an issue even with higher boost. I run one -12AN line as my breather and stock pvc setup at 38psi without blowing out the dipstick.
 
8AN is sufficient. Mine is having lots of crankcase issues when I turned it up to 30psi (with two -10ANs) but I plan to rebuild it this winter so it's getting sent in the meanwhile. My old Galant VR4 had two -8AN from the valve cover and it saw 50psi a few times with no crankcase issues whatsoever. So, plan on reringing it or doing something in the near future. How big is the outlet to that can?
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top