The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Car starts runs for a few seconds then dies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1990 talon tsi awd.

Hey guys this is my first post, i did a lot of searches and found a lot of useful things to check... Ecu, maf... They Iook okay. have no cel (it comes on for a couple seconds, then goes out like normal) and a couple seconds after that the car dies. I can keep it running by revving a little bit but it won't stay idling.

Also I have to check the cps. If anyone has info on how to do this id appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just search for it in sure I'll be able to find some write ups.

The car has fic 750s, and a Garrett 60 trim. I did a boost leak check and at first it wouldn't even hold 4psi, so I fixed a lot of leaks that I could find and got it up to 20psi before the tool started to fail. It leaks really slow and there's a couple tiny leaks one in the o2 housing where it was a bad weld and I tried filling it with manifold repair stuff just to see if it would hold, it still leaks a tiny bit. And one tiny leak on the intake elbow. When I say tiny I mean super slow, would these cause it to happen? The car isn't tuned or anything either.

I just took it all apart to install new bearings because of a knock, I reinstalled everything and still have a slight knock... (beat crank I'm sure) so I still have to rip the engine out and redo everything again..

There are a lot of electrical connectors not connected to anything off the harness but I looked up all of them and most are things that aren't necessary like things for a/c and cruise control n stuff.

One more thing the car doesn't have a Wastegate solenoid but I have a MBC to a tial 38, does this take away the need for a solenoid?

This isn't a car that I daily or anything and still have a bit of work to do before I get it going so this isn't crazy urgent yet, but I really appreciate anyone's input.
Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I know all about that haha I did a Brad Penn oil change, injectors flooded the cylinders so another oil change of vr1, flooded the oil again so another vr1, got them cleaned and such but they still flooded oil so I put Brad Penn in. So far I haven't had to change it yet

Yep it was snowing at my place too... pa weather sucks. Sounds good. When you get it back together try to get that cable working so can tune those injectors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back