The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink car starts and stalls with cas unplugged. when plugged in wont start 2g 7bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncarson91

Proven Member
Jan 2, 2021
north olmsted, Ohio
okay so basically as title reads everything hooked up no leaks cas unplugged turns the car over then it stalls. but when i plugged in the sensor it wont crank over at all. its a 95 ecu in a 98. i did the option on link for the cas. wiring is all fine persumably its plugged in ecu right and same with the connector doesnt throw code when plugged in only when unplugged obviously. fuel is set right. timing belt is set 110% checked a dozen times. what could be going on :( help please.

no got a project car first time running actually figured out the ecu is a 97..... which means my cas sensor for my 98 works i changed firing order back fires up but idles at like 2k OMG soo idk what to do now LOL. will attach log next

Here is the log!

Attachments

• recent log.elg
    28.1 KB · Views: 25
Check the throttle cable. Is it too tight? If yes loosen it a little from where it bolts to the intake manifold. If it’s loose, you’ll have to look at the throttle body or tps is way off.

Watch these and follow. These are the preliminary thing that must be done before touching any buttons on your laptop.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check the throttle cable. Is it too tight? If yes loosen it a little from where it bolts to the intake manifold. If it’s loose, you’ll have to look at the throttle body or tps is way off.

Watch these and follow. These are the preliminary thing that must be done before touching any buttons on your laptop.

okay tysm! ill mess with it tonight

Usually a high idle like that it due to mechanical issues like a tight throttle cable, mis-adjusted idle stop or BISS screws, Defective FIAV or ISC/IAC, or vacuum leaks.
It's been a long time since I've diagnosed idle issues. Above 1500 it almost has to be mechanical?? Unless ecu doesn't know the throttle is closed from bad idle position switch (1g) or test issues on a 2g? Otherwise at 1500 ecu will cut fuel and you get idle surgw instead of a 2k idle.

Either way first I would check is cable.

first time running actually figured out the ecu is a 97..... which means my cas sensor for my 98 works i changed firing order back fires up
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL i was just discussing that exact topic with some one last week, but i cant remember who...... oh well.
Glad to hear you got it running, get the tune worked out and you 'll be rolling :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back