The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Brake Lights Won’t Turn Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ_IS_BATMAN

Proven Member
May 7, 2020
Ontario, California
Hey everyone,

So went to my eclipse and the battery was drained. Once I charged it I found that my rear brake lights stay on now at all times.

any ideas how I can fix this? I unplugged the lights from the rear but battery still drained

Make sure the brake switch is functioning correctly at the pedal. There is a plastic/rubber stopper that the switch hits on the pedal mine fell off an switch was staying in open position till I put a bolt and nut in that hole in pedal problem solved. Hope yours is just that simple.
Jason Penny

You should do a parasitic draw test.
I unplugged the lights from the rear but battery still drained
This means you may have a short somewhere in the circuit. you have to find where exactly it is. You possibility have another issue besides a bad switch. Even if the switch is broken and got closed always, the battery shouldn't be draining if you remove the light bulbs.

I have had the rubber bumper piece fall apart on mine and leave the lights on as someone else suggested, I would go there first, its free to check and quick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back