The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Bradco converter VS. Stock converter dyno numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo23

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2005
Shelbyville, Michigan
Tossed the car on the dyno tonight to make a test pass before going to the track tomorrow. Hadn't ran it on the dyno since I had changed the converter. These numbers are not weather corrected. My exhaust blows towards the weather station and skews the WC numbers.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hear lots of people saying that a looser converter will not dyno well. I believe that would be true with a lesser quality converter.

Solid lines are the Bradco. Dotted are stock converter

What rpm can you stall up to without pulling through the brakes? Is the hp and tq spikes from boost spike? What kind of pricing are they asking for the converter?

What rpm can you stall up to without pulling through the brakes? Is the hp and tq spikes from boost spike? What kind of pricing are they asking for the converter?

I'm getting to around 4200 rpm with this converter and 1gb big brakes. Could more than likley reach a higher rpm, i havent treid. Not much more, maybe 4500. The spikes were from wheel spin. I paid 1200 for this converter and he had it to me in a week.

Looks like he is starting to close the gap in the supply vs demand department.

Is this the tight or loose version of the BradCo?

It's his looseone I believe. It's a no nitrous converter.

Quality converter. Great results. Time to make the switch.

Thats because its graphed by MPH rather than RPM. Basically it had higher rpm at the same mph with the same torque. Not sure why I did that. I'll pull the graph up thats by rpm. I believe the wheel spin made the spike part of the graph have multiple data points so that part of the graph is screwy.

Awesome results, dude! I'll have to pick your brain if I decide to build this 93 GSX Auto I've been sitting on...

Thats because its graphed by MPH rather than RPM. Basically it had higher rpm at the same mph with the same torque. Not sure why I did that. I'll pull the graph up thats by rpm. I believe the wheel spin made the spike part of the graph have multiple data points so that part of the graph is screwy.

If that's the case I don't think your first statement is very accurate. It makes similar hp, but maybe other convertors would. I think you need to present hp/tq vs rpm and mph vs rpm data to show the whole story.

here you go:

HP & TQ over RPM

RPM over MPH

Thank goodness the auto tranny is geared to stay above 6000rpm after each shift. The Bradco don't look like the it the best dd converter but I guess no one it for that. I like how it is able to couple up great after 6000rpm and be able to give you a great stall for launching.

Thank goodness the auto tranny is geared to stay above 6000rpm after each shift. The Bradco don't look like the it the best dd converter but I guess no one it for that. I like how it is able to couple up great after 6000rpm and be able to give you a great stall for launching.

It cruises very well. Damn near just like OEM did. Trans temp stays low, drive away from a stop just like normal. Only difference I've noticed is while passing or accelerating moderately. I've used a few dozen converters over the years, Coan PTC etc. etc. I'm very impressed with this one.

I'm getting to around 4200 rpm with this converter and 1gb big brakes. Could more than likley reach a higher rpm, i havent treid. Not much more, maybe 4500. The spikes were from wheel spin. I paid 1200 for this converter and he had it to me in a week.

at what rpm did stocker stall ?

It cruises very well. Damn near just like OEM did. Trans temp stays low, drive away from a stop just like normal. Only difference I've noticed is while passing or accelerating moderately. I've used a few dozen converters over the years, Coan PTC etc. etc. I'm very impressed with this one.

this sounds good. drove a freinds car locally after an inexpensive restall. the drive was ruined if you ask me. had major slip pulling from stop just casual. restalls are generally 300-600. why do you think this one cost 1200?. did you get any explanation? I dont mind paying extra to have your cake and eat it to, so to speak. are you tracking car soon to see difference?

at what rpm did stocker stall ?

this sounds good. drove a freinds car locally after an inexpensive restall. the drive was ruined if you ask me. had major slip pulling from stop just casual. restalls are generally 300-600. why do you think this one cost 1200?. did you get any explanation? I dont mind paying extra to have your cake and eat it to, so to speak. are you tracking car soon to see difference?

This is not a re-stall. I'm not sure what he uses from the OEM converter other than the case and the diode, but i know its not much. he has his own stators cast, and changes fin angles and what not.. my knowledge on converters is limited. I asked him what all he changed and he rattle off a hand full of things, but I don't remember everything. On the stock converter with this turbo, I couldn't get past 3K rpm and would only make 5psi. Like I said my knowledge on converters is limited, but I can tell you this one works very well.

For that kind of money he must use anti balloon reinforcement ? There's a place for good restalls. I've got one and runs hard with no nitrous. The efficiency up top is amazing on the bradco for such a good stalling converter. Interesting how it behaves on the 14b if you slap it on there

Subscribed!

Why isn't there more information out there?!?

Anyone know what setup the white 1g of (one of) Abel's car is running? Seen a video of it with a no nitrous pass on YouTube... Really impressive!

There is quite a bit of information out there actually, a lot of it is on the ecmlink forums.

C-dub's "grudge car" (the white 1G) had a thread here a few years ago that was pretty informative. At that time, it was running a bradco converter with an IPT built 1G trans and a custom 8.8 rear setup out back.

Found the thread, you just needed to do a little more searching ;)

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/c-dub-racing-grudge-car.415256/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back