The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lowest dyno numbers ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
We just got done doing a pretty extensive rebuild on my samurai. New motor, new axles, new fuel system, new exhaust, pretty much every mechnical part had to be gone through. It was in rough shape. A local Mustang shop was having a dyno day today. And who ever had the lowest and highest numbers for the day got their $40 back for the dyno fee. Owning a samurai I knew I had it in the bag. Plus my curiosity was piqued.

Stock Engine rebuild with standard sized pistons
4:56 Richmond gears
31" tires
2" exhaust with no muffler and cat

52hp/66tq corrected
42hp/54tq uncorrected

Lowest numbers I have ever seen in my life. But was totally worth not having to pay for it. What a blast. And this turd goes nearly anywhere with such little power. I love it.

1988 Suzuki Samurai Dyno - YouTube

LOL, I laughed when a dodge colt rung the bell to the tune of 75 hp or something like that at the last dyno day I went to...with the exhaust leaks it sounded like it was making some serious power up there.

congrats on the "win" so to speak LOL, i fe3ll in love with those trucks a long time ago working for the phone comapny when i moved to nebraska, i've seen them with everything from rotory engines to even a 4g series stuffed inside.. they make some of the best mud and crawling trucks i've ever seen.. I've been on the trails with a dirtbike watching guys hit mud holes and seen jeep after jeep get stuck and winched out of this one spot and the funny part was the samurai's were just kicking ass through the mud like it was nothing more than some wet dust on the road :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back