The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Biss will not come out [Merged 6-7] removal stuck remove take out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dTERM

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2002
Dallas_TX
My biss will not come out. it screws out so far than stops I tried to use a flat head screwdriver to slide down under the head to pull/pry it up and it didn't work any suggestions?

I'm trying to get it out to put a new o ring on.

hey i have been looking around and i cant find what size the oring is for the biss screw. can it be found at homedepot or lowes or do i have to buy a new biss from a website.

oh yeah, i figured that you could get the seal anywhere but do you have any idea what the part number is for the biss oring.
thanks,
oztofrdm :dsm:

If you find a BISS screw at a junkyard, chances are they will not charge you for it. Most junkyards dont even have a price for something like that. To most people it just looks like an ordinary worthless screw. Also, other people just hide it on their person (aka stealing it).

Breaking your biss screw is easy to take care of. Just take the throttle body off the car, drill out the old screw and put a new one in. It will take some time , but relatively easy to do. If you broke your biss screw in the throttle body be sure to check out the threads before you put a new one in to see if they were damaged. When looking for a replacement try to get one of the metal biss screws. They are more rare, but you should be able to find one in a junk yard.

About the shaft seals, do a boost leak test first to see if yours are leaking. Chances are, they are leaking. This task I do not advise doing yourself. It is a pain in the ass for even someone who is experienced.

yesterday i did a boost leak test and i found that i was leaking out of the biss screw on the throttle body. well to make a long story short i started unscrewing the biss and when it got to the very end it wouldnt spin out any more. the head of the biss is flush with the hole and i cant seem to pull it out. i have a spair throttle body and i even tried to remove that biss screw and it did the same thing! my question is how are you people removing the biss screw to replace the seal?

thanks tuners!

I unscrewed mine and kept pressure against one side and gently pulled upwards.
If no go unscrewing it all the way and use a thick sticky grease on the end of a nail head.

damn good ideas! i have been thinking of ways to pull it out for a couple of days now with no results. let me try this later tonight and leave some good feed back for you guys.

thanks again
david

Unscrew it out as far as you can then pressurize the system and that thing should shoot out like a bullet. If that doesnt work take the T-Body off the car and you can use a paperclip to stick up the hole in the back to push it out.

i just tried the razor blade and the nail trick with no success. i will try mikes idea now. hopefully it doesn't shoot out and i loose the damn screw, but it would be my luck that would happen.

use some super glue to attach a nail or small allen wrench to the screw. then just pull it up and break the glue.

The only other thing I can think of is to use sticky tack. It's also great to stop rattles. Just make sure to clean the area of the biss screw you're trying to attatch it to, or it won't stick at all.

I just packed the top of the BISS screw with RTV and replaced the BISS plug. No more leaks here.

Make sure you clean the area with throttle/carb/brake cleaner before you pack the RTV.

Turbocharged said:
I just packed the top of the BISS screw with RTV and replaced the BISS plug. No more leaks here.

Make sure you clean the area with throttle/carb/brake cleaner before you pack the RTV.

haha hope you dont put cams in your car because your biss screw is no longer adjustable

RTV isnt forever... Its as easy as scraping out the old and packing it down with RTV again if you wish to adjust the biss... do whatever you want

I have been meaning to replace that seal myself for a year now, but I just never got around to it. I did the pack with RTV thing too. It has worked great. After I put my new turbo on I just shoved a phillips in their and turned until it caught the screw. Then repacked when done. No problems or leaks.

Bob

maximumbob said:
I have been meaning to replace that seal myself for a year now, but I just never got around to it. I did the pack with RTV thing too. It has worked great. After I put my new turbo on I just shoved a phillips in their and turned until it caught the screw. Then repacked when done. No problems or leaks.

Bob

Thank you... Im glad Im not the only one who has done this with great success. Its easy and damn near free.

You really should make sure that you get the cap that goes into the BISS hole. If you have problems with it popping out, you have a leak.

Yeah... My BISS seal was like plastic... I just use a magnet when I want to get stuff like that out.... I think I couldn't find my pen magnet at the time so I use some needle nose pliers... That usually works great to....

It's actually cheaper to get the O-Ring than to use RTV unless you already have RTV laying around..

Funny thing is I didn't have the right size O-Ring when I took mine out... My seal broke into a few pieces so I just put the BISS back in and was going to get the O-Ring the next day... My BISS is screwed all the way down anyways... Well the Next day it vibrated loose and hit my hood at 25 PSI of boost and I was a little scared I tell you... And of course my car wouldn't idle so I looked like a junkyard mech driving around the rest of the day... Thank god for spare parts and friends... I imagine the BISS screw isn't procruable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back